Initial setup questions

<2c4c1893-3970-bc70-113d-1a698a3f92df@marcg.pizza>
Hello,

I am trying to setup my own install of SourceHut. Only going to be using
git for now. So far things are progressing ok. Got meta service setup.
Now the install document says "After setting up meta.sr.ht and
registering yourself a user account" but it does not specify how to
create this initial account. In the meta.sr.ht source i see a
metasrht-createuser script but this does not seem to be installed with
the meta.sr.ht package. Should it be?

I'm about to do one of 2 things.

1. Temporarily turn on user registration and create my user then make it
admin and disable user registration again

2. Grab that metasrht-createuser script and use it to create my user

Which would be better. Suppose it probably does not really matter. Only
real reason for writing in here is to see if that script is not included
on purpose.

Marc G
<C10L50OMD45M.IGFU2NNPSHII@homura>
In-Reply-To
<2c4c1893-3970-bc70-113d-1a698a3f92df@marcg.pizza> (view parent)
It probably ought to be installed. Can you send a patch adding it to the
script list in setup.py?
<c36ed3a7-0e68-d6d2-f545-ac40fd0ab3ce@marcg.pizza>
In-Reply-To
<C10L50OMD45M.IGFU2NNPSHII@homura> (view parent)
Wow that works beautifully. Had never submitted a patch like this
before. Easy as pie. Also thanks for the quick reply.

On 3/2/20 3:10 PM, Drew DeVault wrote:
> It probably ought to be installed. Can you send a patch adding it to the
> script list in setup.py?
<C10LOBBLVPVG.T3C8WZKD3YKI@homura>
In-Reply-To
<c36ed3a7-0e68-d6d2-f545-ac40fd0ab3ce@marcg.pizza> (view parent)
Thanks!
<91b510d5-1327-43f4-3fba-dda4283b3f83@marcg.pizza>
In-Reply-To
<C10LOBBLVPVG.T3C8WZKD3YKI@homura> (view parent)
On 3/2/20 3:35 PM, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Thanks!

I'll tag this on here since it's still related to my initial setup.

So i got meta module setup and moved on to the git module.

Things went well i can get to the web interface and create a repo.

I cannot clone it. When i try

git clone git@git.marcg.pizza:~marcg/Initial_Repo

i get

Cloning into 'Initial_Repo'...
Enter passphrase for key '/home/marcg/.ssh/id_rsa':
fatal: unrecognized command '/usr/bin/gitsrht-shell '0' 'marcg' 'my ssh
public key''

and the repository exists.

I'm not sure where to go from here. if i run that command on the server
i get

/usr/bin/gitsrht-shell '0' 'marcg' 'my ssh public key'
Warning: unable to open log file: open /var/log/gitsrht-shell:
permission denied (using stderr instead)
2020/03/03 08:15:11 os.Args: [/usr/bin/gitsrht-shell 0 marcg my ssh
public key]
2020/03/03 08:15:11 Not permitting unacceptable command: []
<C11JZZWNC3Q6.2YC7E4FNKMH9L@homura>
In-Reply-To
<91b510d5-1327-43f4-3fba-dda4283b3f83@marcg.pizza> (view parent)
You have to touch those files and make sure they're writable by the git
user. Yeah, I know it's dumb.
<a6a5f21c-71cd-4d53-5239-081e96f34d88@marcg.pizza>
In-Reply-To
<C11JZZWNC3Q6.2YC7E4FNKMH9L@homura> (view parent)
On 3/3/20 6:29 PM, Drew DeVault wrote:
> You have to touch those files and make sure they're writable by the git
> user. Yeah, I know it's dumb.

Which files? The log? Or the executables?
gitsrht-shell,gitsrht-dispatch,gitsrht-keys? Or the repo folder? Sorry
for dumb question(s)
<C11K5TV5RZTD.IHV9GY3N72XW@homura>
In-Reply-To
<a6a5f21c-71cd-4d53-5239-081e96f34d88@marcg.pizza> (view parent)
The logs.
<cef50fe5-2aab-3555-b971-54729d657770@marcg.pizza>
In-Reply-To
<C11K5TV5RZTD.IHV9GY3N72XW@homura> (view parent)
Ok here are the permissions on those logs

-rw-rw-r-- 1 gitsrht git 30799 Mar  3 18:54 /var/log/gitsrht-dispatch
-rw-rw-r-- 1 gitsrht git 51006 Mar  3 18:54 /var/log/gitsrht-keys
-rw-rw-r-- 1 gitsrht git  2517 Mar  3 18:54 /var/log/gitsrht-shell

Still same results when i try git clone/push from my pc

git push --set-upstream origin master
Enter passphrase for key '/home/marcg/.ssh/id_rsa':
fatal: unrecognized command '/usr/bin/gitsrht-shell '0' 'marcg' 'ssh
public key''

and the repository exists.

I feel this is something so simple i'm missing...sorry for dumb questions

The dispatch log gets an entry the keys log gets an entry but the shell
log does not...