Sourcehut Pages: upload fail

<323558b77f0c85ea7d49529b11a5da05d51cb22a.camel@dylanvanassche.be>
I'm trying to publish my personal portfolio website to SourceHut Pages
but the upload seems to fail on the SourceHut side.
The curl command fails with my website which is not the case the with
the example on the SourceHut Pages Quick Start guide [1].

[dylan@desktop dylanvanassche.be-v2]$ curl --oauth2-bearer "$MY_TOKEN"
-Fcontent=@site.tar.gz     https://pages.sr.ht/publish/******
Put "https://patchouli.sr.ht/pages.sr.ht/sites/*****": context deadline
exceeded

The archive does not exceed the 1GB limit when decompressed so I think
there's another limit in place which prevents me from uploading my
portfolio site which is now on Gitlab Pages.

Is this an issue on the infrastructure of SourceHut Pages?

Dylan

[1] https://srht.site/quickstart
<CLSDZGFH7EU9.3V6EOSSD98CAJ@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<323558b77f0c85ea7d49529b11a5da05d51cb22a.camel@dylanvanassche.be> (view parent)
One of the known failure modes has to do with tarballs that have lots of
small files. Does this describe your situation?
<94617e5b4a06a30571d3b9b6dbb5746320e5094e.camel@dylanvanassche.be>
In-Reply-To
<CLSDZGFH7EU9.3V6EOSSD98CAJ@taiga> (view parent)
> One of the known failure modes has to do with tarballs that have lots
> of
> small files. Does this describe your situation?

Yes, I have a lot of smaller files in there.
According to `tree -a`: 147 directories, 5409 files

Is there a known workaround for this?

Dylan
<CLT14G2JA6JK.PNJ169NAI6HK@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<94617e5b4a06a30571d3b9b6dbb5746320e5094e.camel@dylanvanassche.be> (view parent)
On Sat Jul 30, 2022 at 3:19 PM CEST, Dylan Van Assche wrote:
> > One of the known failure modes has to do with tarballs that have lots
> > of
> > small files. Does this describe your situation?
>
> Yes, I have a lot of smaller files in there.
> According to `tree -a`: 147 directories, 5409 files
>
> Is there a known workaround for this?

No, not presently.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)