Permanent Build Artifacts

<34bb87f7-aa68-de31-fc1d-88b5e9fb9118@midnadimple.com>

Was just wondering whether saving build artifacts after 90 days is in
the pipeline. I noticed that it was mentioned on the March 2020 update
blog post, but hasn't been talked about since afaik. Is it being thought
about, or is there another way?

- Abdul Raji
<CJLQQTLMJ7CE.1PSSD7W19ZVIY@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<34bb87f7-aa68-de31-fc1d-88b5e9fb9118@midnadimple.com> (view parent)
Hi! You can attach artifacts to git tags, this is the preferred approach
over using permanent build artifacts. You can do this from a build job
via the API if you so desire.
<YnJ2fFVDlsUTIAgc@gpanders.com>
On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 17:42 +0100, Abdul Raji wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Was just wondering whether saving build artifacts after 90 days is in
>the pipeline. I noticed that it was mentioned on the March 2020 update
>blog post, but hasn't been talked about since afaik. Is it being
>thought about, or is there another way?

As Drew mentioned you can attach build artifacts to git refs using the
API. If you'd like an example, you can see what I've done here [1],
though I can't promise it's any good. A much better and easier way to do
this would be to use the hut CLI tool [2], which if I recall correctly
integrates with the "oauth" field of the build manifest to make this
kind of thing fairly straightforward (I haven't gotten around to redoing
my own build manifest to take advantage of this yet).

[1]: https://git.sr.ht/~gpanders/ijq/tree/master/item/.build.yml#L44-47
[2]: https://sr.ht/~emersion/hut/
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)