Uploading GPG key, "No public keys suitable for encryption found."

<3f191187-5513-4b90-bcb3-d4a31df8e95c@app.fastmail.com>
Hi there,

I recently updated my PGP key, adding proof information in the form of a GPG notation. When I export the key to SourceHut in the format prompted by the placeholder on the textbox at https://meta.sr.ht/keys/pgp-keys, the form's validation fails with "No public keys suitable for encryption found.".

The key is exported with `gpg --armor --export-options export-minimal --export F98B7F37E9EF3FCC0ED80715153DDFE9A54A9A4C` in my case.

My public key has been published successfully on OpenPGP.org: https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/F98B7F37E9EF3FCC0ED80715153DDFE9A54A9A4C

I'm not sure what to do from here to make my key compliant with the form. Thanks.

JH
--
  John Hamelink
<72a6cbdc-1b02-4a39-9953-ecec7023ce96@bitfehler.net>
On 8/14/23 12:03, John Hamelink wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I recently updated my PGP key, adding proof information in the form of a GPG notation. When I export the key to SourceHut in the format prompted by the placeholder on the textbox at https://meta.sr.ht/keys/pgp-keys, the form's validation fails with "No public keys suitable for encryption found.".
>
> The key is exported with `gpg --armor --export-options export-minimal --export F98B7F37E9EF3FCC0ED80715153DDFE9A54A9A4C` in my case.
>
> My public key has been published successfully on OpenPGP.org: https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/F98B7F37E9EF3FCC0ED80715153DDFE9A54A9A4C
>
> I'm not sure what to do from here to make my key compliant with the form. Thanks.
>
> JH

I downloaded your key from the link you provided, exported it with the
command you provided, and can upload it to SourceHut just fine. Can you
double check that this isn't maybe a copy-paste issue or such?

Cheers,
Conrad
<208bd9c1-a06a-44c1-9827-363182ae1a96@app.fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<72a6cbdc-1b02-4a39-9953-ecec7023ce96@bitfehler.net> (view parent)
Apologies, I've tried again and it worked first time. I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong before, but I was retrieving the key through multi-hop SSH, so some copy/pasting/pebkac error is feasible.

Thanks
JH

--
  John Hamelink

On Mon, 14 Aug 2023, at 2:27 PM, Conrad Hoffmann wrote:
> On 8/14/23 12:03, John Hamelink wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I recently updated my PGP key, adding proof information in the form of a GPG notation. When I export the key to SourceHut in the format prompted by the placeholder on the textbox at https://meta.sr.ht/keys/pgp-keys, the form's validation fails with "No public keys suitable for encryption found.".
>>
>> The key is exported with `gpg --armor --export-options export-minimal --export F98B7F37E9EF3FCC0ED80715153DDFE9A54A9A4C` in my case.
>>
>> My public key has been published successfully on OpenPGP.org: https://keys.openpgp.org/vks/v1/by-fingerprint/F98B7F37E9EF3FCC0ED80715153DDFE9A54A9A4C
>>
>> I'm not sure what to do from here to make my key compliant with the form. Thanks.
>>
>> JH
>
> I downloaded your key from the link you provided, exported it with the
> command you provided, and can upload it to SourceHut just fine. Can you
> double check that this isn't maybe a copy-paste issue or such?
>
> Cheers,
> Conrad
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)