Showing git commit sign status on logs

<56d4c290-6b51-4651-87d8-38bdf6c7dc86@www.fastmail.com>
Not sure if this is something that would be desirable, probably not given it
hasn't been added. However, I was wondering if there's any reason for not
showing whether or not commits are signed on git.sr.ht, similar to other forges
such as Gitea, Gogs, GitHub, etc. To be specific I'm talking about showing
something that shows commits are "verified" such as on GitHub[0]. Where it
shows that a commit is signed by a PGP/GPG key that has an email that matches
the commit author. It's a very niche feature, but I've always liked it.

[0]: https://transpri.de/i/d5me6woo.png
<CKE69BK14GOE.ZY7WHFDJAW2Z@archlinux-x220>
In-Reply-To
<56d4c290-6b51-4651-87d8-38bdf6c7dc86@www.fastmail.com> (view parent)
On Tue May 31, 2022 at 2:48 PM EDT, Hanna wrote:
> Not sure if this is something that would be desirable, probably not given it
> hasn't been added. However, I was wondering if there's any reason for not
> showing whether or not commits are signed on git.sr.ht, similar to other forges
> such as Gitea, Gogs, GitHub, etc. To be specific I'm talking about showing
> something that shows commits are "verified" such as on GitHub[0]. Where it
> shows that a commit is signed by a PGP/GPG key that has an email that matches
> the commit author. It's a very niche feature, but I've always liked it.
>
> [0]: https://transpri.de/i/d5me6woo.png

There is a ticket open for this: https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/git.sr.ht/170
<446cd5ec-4b44-467c-ab77-18af7bd16af1@www.fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CKE69BK14GOE.ZY7WHFDJAW2Z@archlinux-x220> (view parent)
> There is a ticket open for this: https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/git.sr.ht/170

Oh thanks, I didn't see it. If I knew the architecture well enough I'd help implement it.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)