Re: Broken DKIM header in mailing list

<59126.1609865620@apollo2.minshall.org>
Virgil,

> However, since it appears that every mail I send triggers the bug, this very email
> should contain the information you seek.

i apologize, but maybe i misunderstood -- you are saying that *other*
people see the problem in e-mails *from* you (and not from anyone else)
that are coming through sr.ht?

in my case, *all* e-mails coming from this e-mail list (for example),
have the DKIM problem.

i still haven't heard back from my provider.  when i do, i'll let
you/the list know.

cheers, Greg

Re: Broken DKIM header in mailing list

<c2030f8a-e1c5-fba9-6c0e-e03792173592@gmx.de>
In-Reply-To
<59126.1609865620@apollo2.minshall.org> (view parent)
Hello,

Am 05.01.2021 um 17:53 schrieb Greg Minshall:
> Virgil,
>
>> However, since it appears that every mail I send triggers the bug, this very email
>> should contain the information you seek.
>
> i apologize, but maybe i misunderstood -- you are saying that *other*
> people see the problem in e-mails *from* you (and not from anyone else)
> that are coming through sr.ht?

it was me who was having the problem initially and who reported it to
Virgil.

The list in question is very low traffic and (in recent times) only had
one email sent from other people than Virgil where I was *not* in Cc and
not the sender:

https://lists.sr.ht/~vdupras/collapseos/%3CCALW7ahxGiC9Gw-Lj0260yt3-i1bZREyK%2BBXQ1dK6%2BY9Vxi-3Sw%40mail.gmail.com%3E/raw

The only thing I can see is "unique" for this email (other than not
being sent by Virgil) is that the body contains only one line of text,
all other emails are longer.

When I'm in Cc or the sender, the email software does not send me
courtesy copies, so I only receive the original one (without broken DKIM
headers). For that other email where I was not in Cc: the headers were
fine. For Virgil's emails (where I was not in Cc), the headers were broken.

I have not had this behaviour with anything besides sr.ht before. Up
until yesterday, I believed this problem to be confined to mailing
lists. But yesterday I decided to sign up for a free sr.ht contributor
account (without own projects) and the "Confirm your sourcehut account"
email showed the same behaviour (and Thunderbird refused to decrypt it
as it contained "text" (headers) outside the OpenPGP armor, until I
manually edited the headers in a .mbox export and re-imported the message).

I just signed up a second account (mihi-test) which I did not confirm,
this time using my googlemail.com address. Here the email client is the
same, yet the DKIM header is not mangled. So the email provider seems to
matter as well (while it is of course unclear whether Google Mail fixed
up an already malformed header or GMX broke a good header).

As a conclusion, I doubt Virgil has anything to do with the problem,
it's probably more like something random between mail-b.sr.ht and my
email client. (I have done a wireshark dump of the (encrypted) POP
connection where I received one of Virgil's emails and I can confirm
they are already \r\r\n inside that POP connection and not mangled by my
email client on disk).

Regards,

Michael

Re: Broken DKIM header in mailing list

<7BBAjd1v2uFhSzFUcciCP_7Gw-lBizUFB143kX5HLLP0RckT5Sa9B1foto8KBQ7RhktCIsQnhjt0LRUazfXQ1t7RpCwXig1uKRLbRaO-IyM=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<c2030f8a-e1c5-fba9-6c0e-e03792173592@gmx.de> (view parent)
Hi Michael,

> For Virgil's emails (where I was not in Cc), the headers were broken.

Can you provide the raw source for this mungled message? It would be
helpful to compare it to the message stored by lists.sr.ht.

Thanks,

Simon
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)