Wiki "Public" page

<75D83E42-3ADF-4C54-94D4-A6E8431DF83C@traduction-libre.org>
I've created a wiki but I'm not sure which link is the link the public is supposed to have access to to read my contents.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com

https://man.sr.ht/~<your username here>
Cara Salter
<c1ae3cede7b0b0f68bee7d1c46555c1f037feeb5.camel@devosmium.xyz>

iirc it's https://man.sr.ht/~<yourusername>/<wikiname>

--
Cara
<B4F00123-B300-4D2E-A23E-C548E213473A@traduction-libre.org>

Now, when I check the official pages, for ex:

https://man.sr.ht/hub.sr.ht/

The page title is only "Project hub docs", ie the contents of :

---
title: Project hub docs
---

But when I similarly set a title value for my page, for ex:

https://man.sr.ht/~brandelune/applescript/

I get "~brandelune/applescript/Mac for Translators"

Which is not what I expected.

How can I remove the "~brandelune/applescript/" part ?

Jean-Christophe

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
<e9120149-f593-a8d1-4e11-cb61fabc3ddc@orbital.rocks>
In-Reply-To
<B4F00123-B300-4D2E-A23E-C548E213473A@traduction-libre.org> (view parent)
On 2/11/2021 10:27 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> How can I remove the "~brandelune/applescript/" part ?

You can't unless you are running your own man.sr.ht instance. The main
site wiki is a special case, any user wiki will be prefixed with your
username and wiki name.

-gildarts
<YCWKS1Lr/N7+iN63@gpanders.com>
In-Reply-To
<e9120149-f593-a8d1-4e11-cb61fabc3ddc@orbital.rocks> (view parent)
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 14:16 -0500, gildarts wrote:
>On 2/11/2021 10:27 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>>How can I remove the "~brandelune/applescript/" part ?
>
>You can't unless you are running your own man.sr.ht instance. The main
>site wiki is a special case, any user wiki will be prefixed with your
>username and wiki name.
>
>-gildarts

When I originally read OP's email, I thought they were referring to the
URL, in which case I fully agree that it makes sense what one cannot
remove the username and wiki name.

However, upon rereading OP's email I believe they are in fact referring
to the title on the wiki page itself. I have to agree that it seems
unexpected that the title also contains the username and wiki name. It
certainly crowds the title and makes it harder to read.

Perhaps the username and wiki can still be displayed but in a different
location? That way it is still obvious upon visual inspection that you
are not viewing an "official" sourcehut man page, but it still allows
the title of the wiki page to stand alone.

- Greg
<C96YNX5WZPFC.1CU197QUTFYCI@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<YCWKS1Lr/N7+iN63@gpanders.com> (view parent)
Yeah, I would be down to change that. Feel free to file a ticket
(https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/man.sr.ht) and/or send a patch.
<F7372CCC-8EEC-4E5E-9561-6135E8F0070C@traduction-libre.org>
In-Reply-To
<YCWKS1Lr/N7+iN63@gpanders.com> (view parent)
Thank you all for the replies. And I'm glad to be back to trying to make full use of my sr.ht account :)

> On Feb 12, 2021, at 4:49, Gregory Anders <greg@gpanders.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 14:16 -0500, gildarts wrote:
>> On 2/11/2021 10:27 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>>> How can I remove the "~brandelune/applescript/" part ?
>>
>> You can't unless you are running your own man.sr.ht instance. The main site wiki is a special case, any user wiki will be prefixed with your username and wiki name.
>>
>> -gildarts
>
> When I originally read OP's email, I thought they were referring to the URL, in which case I fully agree that it makes sense what one cannot remove the username and wiki name.

Indeed. And I'm sorry if my wording was confusing.

> However, upon rereading OP's email I believe they are in fact referring to the title on the wiki page itself. I have to agree that it seems unexpected that the title also contains the username and wiki name. It certainly crowds the title and makes it harder to read.

That's exactly what I meant.

> Perhaps the username and wiki can still be displayed but in a different location? That way it is still obvious upon visual inspection that you are not viewing an "official" sourcehut man page, but it still allows the title of the wiki page to stand alone.

That would be nice.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com