Main menu navigation change

<7CA82DDF-AE3E-4550-B1A6-EDF015807A14@begriffs.com>
Sender timestamp
Just an idea for discussion. If we think it's good, then it might be a relatively straightforward feature I could try contributing.

== Description ==

I often want to learn more about an sr.ht user by viewing their git projects, lists, etc. Suppose I am looking at a user's todo lists:

https://todo.sr.ht/~username

I then click "git" in the main menu at the top of the page.

Current behavior: goes to https://git.sr.ht

Desired behavior: go to https://git.sr.ht/~username

Could also make the "Logged in as _foo_" link go to https://meta.sr.ht/~foo -- which would make the logic consistent so those top menu items cycle between services for the logged in user.

If you're on https://git.sr.ht/~username then the big link "sr.ht git" at the upper left could be used to go to the root https://git.sr.ht
<20180723191818.GA20572@miku>
In-Reply-To
<7CA82DDF-AE3E-4550-B1A6-EDF015807A14@begriffs.com> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
This is a neat idea, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it in the long
run. I intend to make a sort of global profile which gathers events from
all across the network (plus third party integrations) to show a feed of
each user's activity, as well as a project hub which will let you
organize resources (trackers, repos, lists, etc) for a given project
under one roof. This will probably live at the top-level sr.ht domain.

Given those plans, it might not be necessary for the nav links to
change. Thoughts?

Re: asdf

<CD1EA6B6-01B3-4422-9DFC-2F2D0A30DE95@begriffs.com>
In-Reply-To
<20180723191818.GA20572@miku> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
> This is a neat idea, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it in the long
> run. I intend to make a sort of global profile …

OK, didn't know all that was in the plans. I'll just wait for that. :)

(Btw, your reply to my previous email changed the subject line and doesn't appear in the same thread in my client. Letting you know in case it's related to your UI)
Export thread (mbox)