SSH key last used indicator broken?

<8613258f-4ed5-2a1b-d844-95e5107222f2@adast.xyz>
I setup my account 4/5 days ago and have been working with git
exclusively through SSH.

In my meta.sr.ht, the key states Last Used: Never
<bbe65d50-9099-f156-1a69-5053e0c144f0@bitfehler.net>
In-Reply-To
<8613258f-4ed5-2a1b-d844-95e5107222f2@adast.xyz> (view parent)
On 11/24/22 18:45, Adam M. Stück wrote:
> I setup my account 4/5 days ago and have been working with git
> exclusively through SSH.
>
> In my meta.sr.ht, the key states Last Used: Never

Not entirely sure if this is the case here, but the "last used" date
gets updated during the user lookup for an incoming SSH key, which in
turn is subject to caching (up to a week). Hence, the date can be off up
to a week. I'm just guessing that the key might get cached on creation,
too. If the date is still the same in a week, then something is broken
for sure :)

Drew: given that this date is displayed prominently and can be
considered somewhat sensitive, how do you feel about lowering the TTL
for this, so that it is somewhat more precise?

Cheers,
Conrad
<COKSI0U1E7CL.1I83ZNHX82OYF@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<bbe65d50-9099-f156-1a69-5053e0c144f0@bitfehler.net> (view parent)
On Thu Nov 24, 2022 at 8:55 PM CET, Conrad Hoffmann wrote:
> Drew: given that this date is displayed prominently and can be
> considered somewhat sensitive, how do you feel about lowering the TTL
> for this, so that it is somewhat more precise?

Open to that
<0b107c65-6a32-5fc9-7cf4-2624e34df8a8@adast.xyz>
In-Reply-To
<COKSI0U1E7CL.1I83ZNHX82OYF@taiga> (view parent)
Or alternativly, just explain the delay somewhere. Like on hover for
example.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)