CI can't clone pmaports fork: error reading section header

<87pmhih34o.fsf@riseup.net>
Hi all!

I ran into the following error while trying to cross compile some custom
Alpine package using a fork of pmaports:

```
fatal: error reading section header 'shallow-info'
```

Here is one of the CI jobs:
https://builds.sr.ht/~raingloom/job/815216

The repo is not private, but I added my git.sr.ht key just in case,
unsurprisingly it did not fix the issue.

The original repo was cloned via the git.sr.ht interface, since I assumed
it would be faster than uploading all git objects from my home
connection.  I created a (now deleted) separate repo that I pushed
entirely from my machine, got the same result.

None of them are shallow clones as far as I'm aware.  I did not find any
reference to shallowness inside .git, but I didn't look very deeply.

git --version on my machine gives `git version 2.37.0`, the VM seems to
be one minor release behind.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug somewhere on the CI side.
<CLVTCUT9XQ9S.29R8TQ5022QNW@butia>
In-Reply-To
<87pmhih34o.fsf@riseup.net> (view parent)
On Tue Aug 2, 2022 at 3:56 PM -03, Csepp wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> None of them are shallow clones as far as I'm aware.  I did not find any
> reference to shallowness inside .git, but I didn't look very deeply.
>
> git --version on my machine gives `git version 2.37.0`, the VM seems to
> be one minor release behind.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is a bug somewhere on the CI side.

Hmm, apparently there's an issue with go-git which probably is the root
cause of this bug:

https://github.com/go-git/go-git/issues/528
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)