Manjaro as build environment

<8OTQMQ.6T16YFCD0RX72@icloud.com>
Hello

First of all I am a real fan of your project and would like to support
it.
Therefore it would be super nice if you could support Manjaro as a
build environment.
The reason would be to move our Manjaro community edition project to
sourcehut.

Regards
Simon
<C8FWS7SD2YCO.13A4NM1K4LBKM@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<8OTQMQ.6T16YFCD0RX72@icloud.com> (view parent)
I'm not sure that Manjaro is large enough, nor distinct enough from
Arch, nor reliable enough, to justify the maintenance burden.
<effde375-b90f-cbe0-9431-676dce315ce3@archlinux.org>

On 1/10/21 7:40 PM, Drew DeVault wrote:
 > I'm not sure that Manjaro is large enough, nor distinct enough from
 > Arch, nor reliable enough, to justify the maintenance burden.

Given Manjaro is mostly just holding back Arch for a couple weeks,
basically an inferior version of
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive -- wouldn't it
be sufficient to modify /etc/pacman.conf in the build manifest, run
pacman -Syyuu to resync all packages, and carry on?

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User