Confused on how to see the rendered Wiki pages

<92a902591efe5a61f31ba70f2fd4cd30@mail.anchor.net.au>
Hi all

I am confused as to how to view the HTML rendered Wiki pages. I have
created a Wiki as below.

Click [Create a Wiki]
Name: kid-wiki
Select Repo / Create a new repo /
Name: kdi-wiki
Create a new repo: kid-wiki
Create a new ref: wiki

"Your wiki has been created, but does not have any content. To add
content, push
commits to the wiki branch of ~speleolinux/kdi-wiki:
git@git.sr.ht:~speleolinux/kdi-wiki"

git clone git@git.sr.ht:~speleolinux/kdi-wiki && cd kdi-wiki
Cloning into 'kdi-wiki'...
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.

kdi-wiki/$ git checkout --orphan wiki
Switched to a new branch 'wiki'

I then created an index.md

git add index.md
git commit -m "Initial wiki commit"
git push -u origin wiki

Added a documentation.md, git pushed.

But I still can't work out how to see that Wiki page as a HTML doc. I
can only see its markdown source in the git repo.

This is the git repo created as described above:
https://git.sr.ht/~speleolinux/kdi-wiki

This is the Mercurial repo that I want to create a Wiki for:
https://hg.sr.ht/~speleolinux/kdi_format

Clearly my understanding is missing something.

--
Mike
<C07WOASIB8ZM.2L5997TWMNXRQ@homura>
On Wed Jan 29, 2020 at 1:05 PM, Mike Lake wrote:
> kdi-wiki/$ git checkout --orphan wiki
> Switched to a new branch 'wiki'

This was the mistake. Your wiki tracks the master branch.
<af6819d827f2c15461d6b7c1e8b1605a@mail.anchor.net.au>
In-Reply-To
<C07WOASIB8ZM.2L5997TWMNXRQ@homura> (view parent)
Locally I have this:

kdi-wiki/$ cat .git/config
[core]
	repositoryformatversion = 0
	filemode = true
	bare = false
	logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
	url = git@git.sr.ht:~speleolinux/kdi-wiki
	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/master
[branch "wiki"]
	remote = origin
	merge = refs/heads/wiki

kdi-wiki/$ git branch -a
* wiki
   remotes/origin/wiki

I had just followed the instructions when creating the wiki but I'm
still confused :-)
Although from reading git help I now know about orphan branches which I
had not heard of before :-)

---
Mike Lake

On 2020-01-29 13:05, Drew DeVault wrote:
> On Wed Jan 29, 2020 at 1:05 PM, Mike Lake wrote:
>> kdi-wiki/$ git checkout --orphan wiki
>> Switched to a new branch 'wiki'
>
> This was the mistake. Your wiki tracks the master branch.
<C07X2I6OB9JI.16B8AJCTI5IRO@homura>
In-Reply-To
<af6819d827f2c15461d6b7c1e8b1605a@mail.anchor.net.au> (view parent)
Which docs were you following along with? They could be outdated.
<2fd1090767351e0d03e5108f5c7c13db@mail.anchor.net.au>
In-Reply-To
<C07X2I6OB9JI.16B8AJCTI5IRO@homura> (view parent)
Hi

https://man.sr.ht/man.sr.ht/
Then when you click [Create a Wiki]
It goes to here: https://man.sr.ht/wiki/create
I create a new wiki named "test" and the below is a direct copy and past
from the instructions that pop up from following the prompts.

Your wiki has been created, but does not have any content. To add
content, push commits to the wiki branch of ~speleolinux/test:
git@git.sr.ht:~speleolinux/test

git clone git@git.sr.ht:~speleolinux/test && cd test
git checkout --orphan wiki
git rm -rf *
echo "Hello world!" >index.md

On 2020-01-29 13:24, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Which docs were you following along with? They could be outdated.
<C07XB9F7YPA3.GNMIQG6O0MGQ@homura>
In-Reply-To
<2fd1090767351e0d03e5108f5c7c13db@mail.anchor.net.au> (view parent)
Thanks, I'll look into it. In the meantime if you push to master I think
your changes should appear.
<e36c1ffc34a78199de67e8af847ab180@mail.anchor.net.au>
In-Reply-To
<C07XB9F7YPA3.GNMIQG6O0MGQ@homura> (view parent)
Hi

Looking at the other thread in the list about wikis and I realised that
the URL for those was "git" for the repo and "man" for the actual Wiki.
So for this Wiki: https://git.sr.ht/~speleolinux/kdi-wiki
I just went to https://man.sr.ht/~speleolinux/kdi-wiki and I can see
the HTML rendered pages.

I had been looking for a link to click on the repo page. I gather there
is not one.

Mike
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)