[pages.sr.ht] Subdomain support

Cat Lee Ball
<9c774243-10d5-efe7-4c54-7ce8b6fb2835@catball.dev>
Hello sr.ht discuss list,

It would be nice if pages.sr.ht supported subdomains, ideally for both
the default sub.user.sr.ht domains and for custom domains.

I saw there was a similar issue for subdirectory support:
https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/pages.sr.ht/6

A possibly complexity is if you allow one layer of subdomains, would you
allow arbitrarily deep layers of subdomains (e.g.  one.two.user.sr.ht)
or just the first layer (e.g.  one.user.sr.ht).

Thanks for all the hard work on Sourcehut and its services!
Cat
<CFII7ZH4D9TF.2B04OF82XGRV8@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<9c774243-10d5-efe7-4c54-7ce8b6fb2835@catball.dev> (view parent)
Subdomains of your own domains already works. I don't think that we will
be adding subdomains of user.srht.site, though.
Cat Lee Ball
<71fcbbf5-ab9c-8fa3-82e1-36d520685422@catball.dev>
In-Reply-To
<CFII7ZH4D9TF.2B04OF82XGRV8@taiga> (view parent)
Oh, I see now! I had made a typo when uploading to my subdomain before
and assumed that it wasn't supported. :-)

Thank you for clarifying!

On 11/6/21 12:05 AM, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Subdomains of your own domains already works. I don't think that we will
> be adding subdomains of user.srht.site, though.

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)