README.md for a project page but not a repos README

<9fb6cf8741ded2fb28a90c2b2487dd6d@speleonics.com.au>
Hi

I have added some project pages and as they have a single repo have
added that repos README. I have another project that will have multiple
repos and I just have the option "Use README" for one or the other repo.

What do I do if I want to use a README.md specific to that project?
Not the README.md of the repos.
If I have a README.md to use how and where do I upload that?

--
Mike
<06d7f8dad1aeff72992b48641ed2bf9f@leaversmith.com>

--
Oliver Leaver-Smith
+44 (0) 7450 217 558

April 22, 2022 2:31 PM, "Mike Lake" <mikel@speleonics.com.au> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have added some project pages and as they have a single repo have added that repos README. I have
> another project that will have multiple repos and I just have the option "Use README" for one or
> the other repo.
>
> What do I do if I want to use a README.md specific to that project?
> Not the README.md of the repos.
> If I have a README.md to use how and where do I upload that?
>
> -- Mike
<2dd1924d67930a1cad06946704dd1875@speleonics.com.au>
In-Reply-To
<06d7f8dad1aeff72992b48641ed2bf9f@leaversmith.com> (view parent)
On 2022-04-22 11:37 pm, Oliver Leaver-Smith wrote:
> As far as I know, you need to elect a repository's README.md to use
> for the project. I creat a $project-docs repo for this purpose. You
> can choose the README to use from the "source/manage" page of the
> project

Ah so for projects "foo" and "bar" you would have a "foo-docs" repo and
a "bar-docs" repo just containing a README.md only and then select those
  README.md files respectively for each project ???

That would certainly work.

--
Mike
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)