Discussion: should anyone be allowed to export list archives as mbox?

<BVHCYCDNFW07.2UW1WYA6M9JL4@homura>
Sender timestamp
Currently, only the mailing list owner can export the entire archives as
an mbox file. Should I make this option available to everyone? List
admins, do you have an opinion?

Re: Discussion: should anyone be allowed to export list archives as mbox?

<bPeAAVyTGxqfUQVGWdXzm8QcpMnyh1WSLMxlPRnULSFOBaayCKIv5pzWabtGUEmUmTgN6U1LWS9nFuYVkTxgjzik6i-ZpE0ALQK5q9frr0Q=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<BVHCYCDNFW07.2UW1WYA6M9JL4@homura> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
On Friday, July 12, 2019 5:45 PM, Drew DeVault <sir@cmpwn.com> wrote:
> Currently, only the mailing list owner can export the entire archives as
> an mbox file. Should I make this option available to everyone? List
> admins, do you have an opinion?

+1

What would be the drawbacks of doing this?
<BVHE4N6ZWWV7.2MZPVTLCO1R0Z@dev02.packetlost.devdev02>
On Fri Jul 12, 2019 at 10:45 AM Drew DeVault wrote:
> Currently, only the mailing list owner can export the entire archives as
> an mbox file. Should I make this option available to everyone? List
> admins, do you have an opinion?

Could it be an option configured by the list owner?

Re: Discussion: should anyone be allowed to export list archives as mbox?

<CAHBARKf608xzm8AAxfQj504Nx-EDR5ykfYjLyJE4xbsQMEm_Og@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<BVHE4N6ZWWV7.2MZPVTLCO1R0Z@dev02.packetlost.devdev02> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
> Could it be an option configured by the list owner?

+1

This makes the most sense from a privacy standpoint.

- Andrew
Export thread (mbox)