Re: Testing dependents

<BX0NHT2T73TV.2I3SW3344NEXW@homura>
You could use build secrets to add an OAuth token to A's build
environment and use curl to submit new builds with additional manifests,
perhaps?

Re: Testing dependents

<CAC870JAQ04ZCRu-nWRYPM0rpYhV7mcb-HyMGQwO7SrPN9qA38w@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<BX0NHT2T73TV.2I3SW3344NEXW@homura> (view parent)
Interesting. I think I understand the idea. Let me take a stab at it,
and I'll return with more questions once I run into problems.

Thanks for your help and for a great service.
Dmitriy

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 7:37 AM Drew DeVault <sir@cmpwn.com> wrote:

> You could use build secrets to add an OAuth token to A's build
> environment and use curl to submit new builds with additional manifests,
> perhaps?

Re: Testing dependents

<CAC870JBeMQ90LfgNv2rPyCL11u8k3BZgk19qRv_QVjHXBG9ExQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAC870JAQ04ZCRu-nWRYPM0rpYhV7mcb-HyMGQwO7SrPN9qA38w@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
I created a personal access token, but I'm having trouble using it,
When I issue a request:

curl  -H Authorization:'...' https://builds.sr.ht/api/jobs/89390

I get response:

{"errors": [{"reason": "No authorization supplied (expected an OAuth token)"}]}

Can I not use a personal access token for this and have to jump
through the OAuth hoops? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks.
Dmitriy

Re: Testing dependents

<BX0R1MB01X1E.1AXAEEALWJN90@homura>
In-Reply-To
<CAC870JBeMQ90LfgNv2rPyCL11u8k3BZgk19qRv_QVjHXBG9ExQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sun Sep 15, 2019 at 10:23 AM Dmitriy Morozov wrote:
> curl  -H Authorization:'...' https://builds.sr.ht/api/jobs/89390

Make sure it's Authorization:'token ...'

Re: Testing dependents

<CAC870JAUmNhVeG+6PgOFx=14YL8z=7jwrxMLd8yX=+ECUZnu8w@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<BX0R1MB01X1E.1AXAEEALWJN90@homura> (view parent)
On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 10:24 AM Drew DeVault <sir@cmpwn.com> wrote:
> On Sun Sep 15, 2019 at 10:23 AM Dmitriy Morozov wrote:
> > curl  -H Authorization:'...' https://builds.sr.ht/api/jobs/89390
>
> Make sure it's Authorization:'token ...'

Ah, brilliant. That worked. Thanks!

Re: Testing dependents

<CAC870JD88YAgTeDGa3CCkjMTtDi6_ApW1HvrgiLVE7V2+kUZ_Q@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAC870JAUmNhVeG+6PgOFx=14YL8z=7jwrxMLd8yX=+ECUZnu8w@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
To close the loop on this (in case others are looking to do the same),
this is now set up. Any new commit in
  https://github.com/diatomic/diy
will trigger testing
  https://github.com/diatomic/tess2

The relevant bits in the first repo are:
  https://github.com/diatomic/diy/blob/master/.build.yml
  https://github.com/diatomic/diy/blob/master/conf/ci/builds.sr.ht/launch-dependents.sh

The only missing bit is teasing out when curl returns an error, so
that launch-dependents.sh can return an error, and the failure can be
flagged.