Users interested in git-lfs support; build caches

<BX12ZKOE0SET.2ZM6ZN3ILJJ9F@homura>
Heya, if you're interested in git-lfs support, please let me know what
you expect your storage and bandwidth requirements to be. I'll be
working on adding support for git-lfs in the coming weeks.

Also researching adding build caches to builds.sr.ht. If you're
interested in this, let me know how big your build cache is expected to
be.
<87y2ynop7y.fsf@iris.silentflame.com>
In-Reply-To
<BX12ZKOE0SET.2ZM6ZN3ILJJ9F@homura> (view parent)
Hello,

On Sun 15 Sep 2019 at 10:46PM -04, Drew DeVault wrote:

> Heya, if you're interested in git-lfs support, please let me know what
> you expect your storage and bandwidth requirements to be. I'll be
> working on adding support for git-lfs in the coming weeks.

I wonder if you've considered git-annex-shell support too?

--
Sean Whitton
<20190917124638.GA24866@groucho.local>
On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 10:46:00PM -0400, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Also researching adding build caches to builds.sr.ht. If you're
> interested in this, let me know how big your build cache is expected to
> be.

Looking at builds at my workplace, caches are ~100mb for python builds
and ~600mb for js builds.

Personally, my requirements would probably be under 100mb.

--
Ivan
<20190919192341.smicmwujgc5cfgzq@arch>
In-Reply-To
<BX12ZKOE0SET.2ZM6ZN3ILJJ9F@homura> (view parent)
On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 10:46:00PM -0400, Drew DeVault wrote:
>Also researching adding build caches to builds.sr.ht. If you're
>interested in this, let me know how big your build cache is expected to
>be.

This would be really useful, dependency builds are easily the slowest
part of a CI run for my projects.

A medium sized Rust library [1] seems to need about 500MB to cache all
the dependency artifacts in debug mode. I checked out the target/*/deps
trees on a larger project (Alacritty with X11 and Wayland support
compiled in), for which it looks like 1GB+ would be required.

[1] https://github.com/bradfier/tibrv-rs/