KVM on aarch64 builds

<C6FG4LGX7T60.3DV0I4TGZ513Z@macbook.local>
Hi everyone,

I'm currently writing a library that includes a wrapper around the KVM
API. Naturally, testing the library requires kvm to be loaded.

On amd64 builds (specifically, Arch and Debian), the kvm kernel module
is loaded by default and everything works perfectly. But on aarch64 (so
far I've only tried Debian), the module isn't loaded (though it exists)
and modprobing it seems to have no effect.

I thought maybe it was because the aarch64 images run on emulated
hardware unlike the amd64 ones? In any case, is this something that can
be fixed?

Jason
<C6FG547CSWEE.S6RBIREGY6IV@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<C6FG4LGX7T60.3DV0I4TGZ513Z@macbook.local> (view parent)
aarch64 support is incomplete and basically unmaintained.
<C6FGA8O96P68.2UEHOIY3MNLHI@macbook.local>
In-Reply-To
<C6FG547CSWEE.S6RBIREGY6IV@taiga> (view parent)
Ah, I see. Are there plans to better maintain/support aarch64
during/after beta? Or is it more of a "it depends on whether someone
volunteers to do it" kinda deal?

In any case, thanks for the awfully quick reply!

Jason
<C6FGAKE6XIFY.29D0I218TO9EA@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<C6FGA8O96P68.2UEHOIY3MNLHI@macbook.local> (view parent)
Been talking to pmOS about this recently, we'll see if we can sort
something out. Can't really commit to anything more than that ATM.
<C6FGCVTR2B2W.248YGCS1FTJQ2@macbook.local>
In-Reply-To
<C6FGAKE6XIFY.29D0I218TO9EA@taiga> (view parent)
No worries, it's not a dire need or anything. Thanks for the help!
Export thread (mbox)