Trouble with patch review UI

<C8E0E14UF2EI.2J3L1QRXR8HVP@nitro>
I'm having trouble getting patch feedback to display properly in the
patch review UI.

Here's an example:
https://lists.sr.ht/~adnano/go-gemini-devel/patches/16418

Is there something I'm missing?
<C8E0HFM72828.1J7HWHMYH3WAH@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<C8E0E14UF2EI.2J3L1QRXR8HVP@nitro> (view parent)
It's based on not-great heuristics. We have some plans to improve it (cc
Simon) but they remain to be implemented. I think in this case you could
improve it by adding some extra newlines to your reply, like this:

On Fri Jan 8, 2021 at 2:08 PM EST, Adnan Maolood wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting patch feedback to display properly in the
> patch review UI.

Comment goes here

> Here's an example:
> https://lists.sr.ht/~adnano/go-gemini-devel/patches/16418

Comment goes here

> Is there something I'm missing?

Comment goes here
<C8E0IKSYN3HQ.1Y1WVPKWBGU46@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<C8E0HFM72828.1J7HWHMYH3WAH@taiga> (view parent)
On Fri Jan 8, 2021 at 2:09 PM EST, Drew DeVault wrote:
> It's based on not-great heuristics. We have some plans to improve it (cc
> Simon) but they remain to be implemented. I think in this case you could
> improve it by adding some extra newlines to your reply, like this:

I did add extra newlines but for some reason they don't show up in the
patch review UI. The newlines are visible in the archives.
<C8E0M4Y91JVL.IVYA4V8T01Q7@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<C8E0IKSYN3HQ.1Y1WVPKWBGU46@nitro> (view parent)
Hm, that's bizzare. Does this happen consistently for you? If not, let's
just leave it until we finish rewriting the heuristics in the future.
<C8E0N8ML77ND.81IC9X3R9LRY@nitro>
In-Reply-To
<C8E0M4Y91JVL.IVYA4V8T01Q7@taiga> (view parent)
On Fri Jan 8, 2021 at 2:15 PM EST, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Hm, that's bizzare. Does this happen consistently for you? If not, let's
> just leave it until we finish rewriting the heuristics in the future.

I sent one message like this one before and it had some issues as well.
The feedback showed up in the wrong place, so I removed that message
from the archives before sending this message again.

I thought it was because I had quoted too much of the message in my
reply, so I reduced the quotes, but now the feedback does not show up at
all. Could it be that I mis-quoted something in the original reply,
causing the heuristics to fail?

I'll try to reproduce the issues and let you know if I run into them
again.
<C8E0U7ND3W9M.1RLND2UWKQJTY@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<C8E0N8ML77ND.81IC9X3R9LRY@nitro> (view parent)
On Fri Jan 8, 2021 at 2:25 PM EST, Adnan Maolood wrote:
> I thought it was because I had quoted too much of the message in my
> reply, so I reduced the quotes, but now the feedback does not show up at
> all. Could it be that I mis-quoted something in the original reply,
> causing the heuristics to fail?

I'm not sure. Like I said, these heuristics aren't great and are slated
to be rewritten, so unless it presents a persistent problem I am not
particularly enthused about doing a deeper examination of the issue.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)