Is there any interest in sr.ht merchandise?

<C9Y3AUOIUOSN.1ZCPDRSAOT01V@taiga>
Every now and then someone expresses interest in obtaining sr.ht
merchandise - stuff like stickers, T-shirts, coffee mug, etc. It would
be fairly easy to set such a thing up - there are several companies that
provide mostly hands-off online merchandise stores these days.

If you're interested, reply to this thread, or just click this URL:

https://drewdevault.com/merch-interest.txt

I'll grep my access logs later to estimate if the volume would be
sufficient to justify the cost.
<F8494892-8866-4DED-967C-18881E3CB6ED@mkaito.net>
In-Reply-To
<C9Y3AUOIUOSN.1ZCPDRSAOT01V@taiga> (view parent)
El March 15, 2021 5:10:24 PM UTC, Drew DeVault <sir@cmpwn.com> escribió:
>Every now and then someone expresses interest in obtaining sr.ht
>merchandise - stuff like stickers, T-shirts, coffee mug, etc. It would
>be fairly easy to set such a thing up - there are several companies
>that
>provide mostly hands-off online merchandise stores these days.
>
>If you're interested, reply to this thread, or just click this URL:
>
>https://drewdevault.com/merch-interest.txt
>
>I'll grep my access logs later to estimate if the volume would be
>sufficient to justify the cost.

I have no personal experience setting up a merch store, but I've been told quite often how involved a process it is. It seems that there's a lot of testing, sampling, and shopping around involves.

I would be interested in some merch. But only if there's a modicum of quality assurance from your side.
--
Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi brevedad.
<87tupcqglr.fsf@adocentyn.io>

Chris Höppner @ 2021-03-15 21:39 CET:

> El March 15, 2021 5:10:24 PM UTC, Drew DeVault <sir@cmpwn.com> escribió:
>>Every now and then someone expresses interest in obtaining sr.ht
>>merchandise - stuff like stickers, T-shirts, coffee mug, etc. It would
>>be fairly easy to set such a thing up - there are several companies
>>that
>>provide mostly hands-off online merchandise stores these days.
>>
>>If you're interested, reply to this thread, or just click this URL:
>>
>>https://drewdevault.com/merch-interest.txt
>>
>>I'll grep my access logs later to estimate if the volume would be
>>sufficient to justify the cost.
>
> I have no personal experience setting up a merch store, but I've been told quite often how involved a process it is. It seems that there's a lot of testing, sampling, and shopping around involves.
>
> I would be interested in some merch. But only if there's a modicum of quality assurance from your side.

I might be interested too. Ideally such merchandise accomplish two things:
- they increase the revenue of the project / entity/ person behind it
- they spread the word - to a lesser extent and in more or less specialized
circles - about the project.

The process can be quite involved indeed. If you want to do something better
than reselling cheap t-shirts made in sweatshops, I'd be happy to put you in
contact with the Document Foundation, the NPO behind LibreOffice, as they
have had extensive experience in that field.

All the best,
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Moved by Freedom - Powered by Standards

> I would naturally make an effort to use quality materials. I would only
> do it if it was stuff that I'd buy for myself. I would be happy to hear
> from the Document Foundation folks, Charles, can you put me in touch?

I'm happy to do that. I'll ping you off list in the next days.

All the best,
--
<7f400831-0fd0-207f-fd94-e77b0fe561dc@mrtn.run>
In-Reply-To
<F8494892-8866-4DED-967C-18881E3CB6ED@mkaito.net> (view parent)
I know I'm a bit late in replying to this discussion, and I don't have
much to add except I'm interested. I saw you had a sr.ht shirt in one of
your videos and wanted one ever since.
<20210409141102.mh2cn3vaxagqiyue@hoshi>
In-Reply-To
<7f400831-0fd0-207f-fd94-e77b0fe561dc@mrtn.run> (view parent)
On 09-04-2021 15:32:21, Maarten Vos wrote:
> I know I'm a bit late in replying to this discussion, and I don't have much
> to add except I'm interested. I saw you had a sr.ht shirt in one of your
> videos and wanted one ever since.

Same.
Thanks, Maarten, for reminding me to reply to this!
A mug would be nice, too.

Matthias
<CAOBUP6BL2QP.14CKCP2TR1NTB@bellwether>
In-Reply-To
<F8494892-8866-4DED-967C-18881E3CB6ED@mkaito.net> (view parent)
Following today's sr.ht-announce post [1], if you do decide to make some
merchandise, may I suggest having a shirt with a Gentoo penguin from the
Falkland Islands? I have fallen in love with them already.

The first frame of this [2] video might make for a nice design!

[1]: https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-announce/%3CCAOAPIGM69H4.1O3LH4R82FOW0%40taiga%3E
[2]: https://spacepub.space/videos/watch/01bfa6e5-bf6a-4165-9c87-7a707dd9bc95
<10a66c435e976a0d3e1321928c733796d9c7d6a0.camel@posteo.mx>
In-Reply-To
<CAOBUP6BL2QP.14CKCP2TR1NTB@bellwether> (view parent)
On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 16:21 +0300, Sol Fisher Romanoff wrote:
> Following today's sr.ht-announce post [1], if you do decide to make some
> merchandise, may I suggest having a shirt with a Gentoo penguin from the
> Falkland Islands? I have fallen in love with them already.

> [1]: https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-announce/%3CCAOAPIGM69H4.1O3LH4R82FOW0%40taiga%3E

I love the idea of penguin-themed merchandise!

> The first frame of this [2] video might make for a nice design!
>
> [2]: https://spacepub.space/videos/watch/01bfa6e5-bf6a-4165-9c87-7a707dd9bc95

This image[3] and a the end of this video[4] would be good, too.

[3]: https://l.sr.ht/pCOs.jpeg
[4]:
https://spacepub.space/videos/watch/01bfa6e5-bf6a-4165-9c87-7a707dd9bc95

--