A simple pro tip to deal with the project README

<CAC_ByvO9a4oOQGfx9it02Ni7Zzxj3H38peJpf_pcYy7L-77fpA@mail.gmail.com>
I was migrating some repos from GitHub and some small incomplete PoCs
to SourceHut and created projects to group the repos.

A thing that annoyed me a bit was that it was asking to select one of
the repos of the project as a README provider for the whole project.
It's a feature, no big deal.

To dismiss that warning, and to solve a missclick I did on one of that
projects that setup one of the repos as a README I created a repo with
only an empty README.md file [1] then added that repo to all the
projects and setup to be the README.

Now the view is bit more cleaner [2].

[1] https://git.sr.ht/~lucasew/placeholder
[2] https://sr.ht/~lucasew/challenges/
Erazem Kokot <mail@erazem.eu>
<8e6b51a1284bba245b377675f430d0052b66d869.camel@erazem.eu>
In-Reply-To
<CAC_ByvO9a4oOQGfx9it02Ni7Zzxj3H38peJpf_pcYy7L-77fpA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, 2022-01-05 at 13:03 -0300, Lucas Eduardo wrote:
> A thing that annoyed me a bit was that it was asking to select one of
> the repos of the project as a README provider for the whole project.
> It's a feature, no big deal.

I just tested this, there should be a 'dismiss' button in the top right
corner of that message if needed in future projects.

If you dismiss that message, it will just show the project's feed,
which is what I think you wanted (so no need for an empty repo).

I also tried adding a readme to a test project, because I thought I
remembered that it can be removed in the project settings, but
apparently this option doesn't exist yet.

I think having an option to remove a project readme would be useful, so
I'm requesting it be added to the project settings.

If needed/confirmed, I can add a ticket (I'm guessing to hub.sr.ht?).

Regards,
Erazem
<CGYHJHJCCF4L.3N1EVZ7KMFHZQ@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<8e6b51a1284bba245b377675f430d0052b66d869.camel@erazem.eu> (view parent)
On Wed Jan 5, 2022 at 9:49 PM CET, Erazem Kokot wrote:
> I think having an option to remove a project readme would be useful, so
> I'm requesting it be added to the project settings.

It's already there, visit your repository list and you can change it
there.
Erazem Kokot <mail@erazem.eu>
<6b04b61397d8442f61d8a1364b93438fc2e71265.camel@erazem.eu>
In-Reply-To
<CGYHJHJCCF4L.3N1EVZ7KMFHZQ@taiga> (view parent)
Sorry, pressed reply instead of reply all - resending message.

On Thu, 2022-01-06 at 10:31 +0100, Drew DeVault wrote:
> It's already there, visit your repository list and you can change it
> there.

Under 'Manage sources' (/<project>/sources/manage), I can only see the
option to switch to a new main readme from a different source, but not
the option to remove/hide a readme from the project (so that no readme
is shown).
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)