Code Span Rendering on man.sr.ht

<CAJFYsWAe3CMjhROs3CintYTdsuFkhp-tF3r-6xvZgceeRZbw-g@mail.gmail.com>
Hello,

I am currently writing some coding guidelines and let them render with
the help of man.sr.ht. While reading the rendered version I saw a
little inelegance with the rendering of the "code span" elements.

On websites like GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket the "code span" elements are
rendered with a monospace font and a light background (same as normal
code blocks), which helps to distinguish them better from normal text.

On man.sr.ht the "code span" elements are only rendered with a
monospace font. This makes it harder to distinguish them better from
normal text.

Would it be possible to add the some background color to
"code span" elements?

[code span]: https://spec.commonmark.org/0.29/#code-span

Rendering example man.sr.ht:
See tutorial[1] with "code span" elements like '~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub',
'sr.ht' or 'README.md'.

Rendering example GitHub:
See cheatsheet[2] section 'Code and Syntax Highlighting'

[1]: https://man.sr.ht/tutorials/set-up-account-and-git.md
[2]: https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet#code-and-syntax-highlighting

---
~sblumentritt
<A3D705FB-F175-48A9-9173-A108B85A577F@jamsek.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJFYsWAe3CMjhROs3CintYTdsuFkhp-tF3r-6xvZgceeRZbw-g@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

> On 9 Nov 2019, at 10:50 pm, Sebastian Blumentritt <blumentritt.sebastian@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Would it be possible to add the some background color to
> "code span" elements?
>
> [code span]: https://spec.commonmark.org/0.29/#code-span
>
> Rendering example man.sr.ht:
> See tutorial[1] with "code span" elements like '~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub',
> 'sr.ht' or 'README.md'.

For my n=1 experience, I find the format on sr.ht as identifiable as but more
appealing than the GitHub example cited.
Export thread (mbox)