SHA256 Support for Git

<CKXTMG0EJOSP.15N1PDRORZAIT@Archetype>
I just tried to push a repo using sha256 hashes[0]. Rather unsurprising,
this caused an error:

	fatal: protocol error: unexpected capabilities^{}

Looking at IPv6 adoption this issue is probably not that pressing, but
something that should at least be on the radar.
My guess is that it's probably going to have quite far-reaching effects
since pretty much all services (except hg) use git hashes in some
capacity.

[0]: https://git-scm.com/docs/git-init#Documentation/git-init.txt---object-formatltformatgt
--
Moritz Poldrack
https://moritz.sh

Regards,
Samir

On 23 June 2022 23:11:04 CEST, Moritz Poldrack <moritz@poldrack.dev> wrote:
>Hi,
>I just tried to push a repo using sha256 hashes[0]. Rather unsurprising,
>this caused an error:
>
>	fatal: protocol error: unexpected capabilities^{}
>
>Looking at IPv6 adoption this issue is probably not that pressing, but
>something that should at least be on the radar.
>My guess is that it's probably going to have quite far-reaching effects
>since pretty much all services (except hg) use git hashes in some
>capacity.
>
>[0]: https://git-scm.com/docs/git-init#Documentation/git-init.txt---object-formatltformatgt

--
Samir Nassar