Sourcehut Pages

<DFDDE491-5A75-4DF7-8F64-A5E4FD8BDC4C@icloud.com>
Sender timestamp
Dear list,

I think a feature like Github Pages would be nice to have, as it makes
advertising our projects easier. Personal pages that can host blogs
will encourage people to… write something, which is also desirable.

This could be implemented with git or hg, i.e. files uploaded to some
specific branch/repos are automatically served with a web server, much
like GitHub, and then we give each user URLs like sr.ht/~user/~repo.
However, I’m not sure if that would be too much load for the servers
to handle.

What’s your opinion?

Qingyao
<3987c24e-3ad5-8239-6169-d9cdd4b34cc2@ignaskiela.eu>
In-Reply-To
<DFDDE491-5A75-4DF7-8F64-A5E4FD8BDC4C@icloud.com> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
You can use man.sr.ht for this. It is also currently going through a
rework to use git.sr.ht or hg.sr.ht repos instead of it's own.
<BVHKTZV8SK7S.4BKBJJ011XO8@homura>
In-Reply-To
<DFDDE491-5A75-4DF7-8F64-A5E4FD8BDC4C@icloud.com> (view parent)
Sender timestamp
Something analagous to github pages is planned, but backburnered until
more important priorities are addressed.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)