Builds triggered by inbox patches stuck in 'pending' state

<E58E46F7-BDDE-4E50-A69A-6AF26A9BB8AC@nicoco.fr>
Hi all,

I have received patches in my inbox, but the triggered build jobs
are stuck in the PENDING state.

Trying to inspect the details yields 'Error fetching logs for task None’.

Is this a bug or something I have overlooked in the docs?

An example patch with this behavior:
https://lists.sr.ht/~nicoco/public-inbox/patches/35366

Thanks a lot,

— Nicoco
<CMZDFVAV9B11.162HXNQZPLOA5@Archetype>
In-Reply-To
<E58E46F7-BDDE-4E50-A69A-6AF26A9BB8AC@nicoco.fr> (view parent)
On Sun Sep 18, 2022 at 9:08 AM CEST, Nicolas Cedilnik wrote:
> I have received patches in my inbox, but the triggered build jobs
> are stuck in the PENDING state.
That's a hiccup that was reported on IRC, but – as far as I could see –
was not addressed by the team. So that's all I can tell you.

--
Moritz Poldrack
https://moritz.sh

Thank you Moritz for your answer. It's been two months and
patches-triggered jobs are still not launched unfortunately.

I hate to be that guy, but I must say I am quite disappointed by the
radio silence from the sourcehut team, both on IRC and here. I still
don't know if something is wrong in my setup or if this is a known
issue. In the latter case, I would be happy to have an idea if this is
going to be resolved at some point or if this is just a wontfix.

Rant over.

-- Nicoco
<COR792IWF8MH.24RITB4XO6RNF@hades.moritz.sh>
In-Reply-To
<6c2097b2-b7f4-8151-699d-1268f78ba6b5@nicoco.fr> (view parent)
On Fri Dec 2, 2022 at 6:21 AM CET, Nicolas Cedilnik wrote:
> Thank you Moritz for your answer. It's been two months and
> patches-triggered jobs are still not launched unfortunately.
Funnily enough, they seem to start now, their status is just not updated
in the UI. See: https://lists.sr.ht/~rockorager/offmap/patches/37264

The Pipeline ran successfully (or rather failed, but that's not the
point of "success" in this case), but the spinner is happily doing it's
rounds.

--
Moritz Poldrack
https://moritz.sh
On 12/2/22 06:21, Nicolas Cedilnik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thank you Moritz for your answer. It's been two months and
> patches-triggered jobs are still not launched unfortunately.
>
> I hate to be that guy, but I must say I am quite disappointed by the
> radio silence from the sourcehut team, both on IRC and here. I still
> don't know if something is wrong in my setup or if this is a known
> issue. In the latter case, I would be happy to have an idea if this is
> going to be resolved at some point or if this is just a wontfix.

As Moritz said: for all we know, this has been fixed. If you still
experience this, please send links so that we can look into it.

Old jobs for patches that were submitted during the broken period will
not be automatically started. If you want to start such jobs, get the
build ID(s) from the patch view and use GraphQL to create a job group
for the one or more build IDs. Note that this needs to be done by the
project owner.

Cheers,
Conrad
<5f0054d8-66c6-3e74-ad6e-61069a521511@bitfehler.net>
In-Reply-To
<COR792IWF8MH.24RITB4XO6RNF@hades.moritz.sh> (view parent)
On 12/2/22 09:47, Moritz Poldrack wrote:
> On Fri Dec 2, 2022 at 6:21 AM CET, Nicolas Cedilnik wrote:
>> Thank you Moritz for your answer. It's been two months and
>> patches-triggered jobs are still not launched unfortunately.
> Funnily enough, they seem to start now, their status is just not updated
> in the UI. See: https://lists.sr.ht/~rockorager/offmap/patches/37264
>
> The Pipeline ran successfully (or rather failed, but that's not the
> point of "success" in this case), but the spinner is happily doing it's
> rounds.

Hrm, thanks for pointing that out. We mostly go by the emails you
receive from builds, so I was not aware of that. I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Conrad
<6a06988e-6981-9a9a-31bb-ed81d554f4d3@bitfehler.net>
In-Reply-To
<COR792IWF8MH.24RITB4XO6RNF@hades.moritz.sh> (view parent)
On 12/2/22 09:47, Moritz Poldrack wrote:
> On Fri Dec 2, 2022 at 6:21 AM CET, Nicolas Cedilnik wrote:
>> Thank you Moritz for your answer. It's been two months and
>> patches-triggered jobs are still not launched unfortunately.
> Funnily enough, they seem to start now, their status is just not updated
> in the UI. See: https://lists.sr.ht/~rockorager/offmap/patches/37264

This is also fixed now (again, only for patches submitted here-after).

Cheers,
Conrad
<9492514a-b187-f273-0801-82ae4b74bf3e@nicoco.fr>
In-Reply-To
<CMZDFVAV9B11.162HXNQZPLOA5@Archetype> (view parent)
Hey Moritz and Conrad,

Thanks for your replies. An example of stuck patch is
https://lists.sr.ht/~nicoco/public-inbox/patches/37285 but if you're
saying it's fixed now again that's fine. We'll see on the next submitted
patch. I ended up giving rw access to the contributor in question, so we
won't need builds-triggered-by-inbox anyway... until (hopefully) a new
contributor shows up. ;)

Sorry if my little rant came out harder than I meant yesterday. I'm very
happy with sourcehut, and grateful for the good work you guys put in.

Cheers,

-- Nico
<071fb128-eada-322c-b530-5c8513d731a3@nicoco.fr>
In-Reply-To
<CMZDFVAV9B11.162HXNQZPLOA5@Archetype> (view parent)
Hi all,

Seems that this was never fixed for me. Example from today:
https://lists.sr.ht/~nicoco/public-inbox/patches/38085

I realise that I have a .py script along my 4 build yaml file, and that
it is also listed as pending on the link above. Could this the be reason
why all the triggered builds display:

>Error fetching logs for task "None"

I would really like to get builds for my inbox patches working someday,
any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

-- Nicoco*
*