add Void Linux build image to builds.sr.ht

<FM0HSuC-0UdgJ_HoMkr2w5DlycwjXrcar0MGIWtvWIqqBtBkNbuQdZX7y5q89N7IdEYUggE70SLshOlUQEi5fZI0l9dbV9zO3lPFp4qDsbY=@meer.email>
I'd like to request support for Void Linux build images in builds.sr.ht. I plan on hosting a variety of Elixir apps on a Void Linux VPS, and Elixir releases require the build/deploy machines to have the same architecture. I want to host my repositories on Sourcehut and trigger automatic builds/deployments with builds.sr.ht, but I can't since it doesn't have a Void Linux image.

Best,
Derek
<e4e717b6-8ee1-2983-9fda-f561d623001f@archlinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<FM0HSuC-0UdgJ_HoMkr2w5DlycwjXrcar0MGIWtvWIqqBtBkNbuQdZX7y5q89N7IdEYUggE70SLshOlUQEi5fZI0l9dbV9zO3lPFp4qDsbY=@meer.email> (view parent)
On 1/3/21 7:45 PM, Derek wrote:
> I'd like to request support for Void Linux build images in
> builds.sr.ht. I plan on hosting a variety of Elixir apps on a Void
> Linux VPS, and Elixir releases require the build/deploy machines to
> have the same architecture. I want to host my repositories on
> Sourcehut and trigger automatic builds/deployments with builds.sr.ht,
> but I can't since it doesn't have a Void Linux image.

If you're interested in creating and being the maintainer / point of
contact for the scripts to generate the needed build image, then, well,
standard policy is "patches welcome", I believe. :)

Instructions for adding new build images can be found at:
https://man.sr.ht/builds.sr.ht/configuration.md#creating-new-images

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User
In-Reply-To
<FM0HSuC-0UdgJ_HoMkr2w5DlycwjXrcar0MGIWtvWIqqBtBkNbuQdZX7y5q89N7IdEYUggE70SLshOlUQEi5fZI0l9dbV9zO3lPFp4qDsbY=@meer.email> (view parent)
Hi Derek,

> I'd like to request support for Void Linux build images in builds.sr.ht. I plan on hosting a variety of Elixir apps on a Void Linux VPS, and Elixir releases require the build/deploy machines to have the same architecture. I want to host my repositories on Sourcehut and trigger automatic builds/deployments with builds.sr.ht, but I can't since it doesn't have a Void Linux image.

FYI: you should be able to build using the alpine image, which is also
`86_64-unknown-linux-musl`. There's actually no issues with the elixir
code, which bytecode is processed by BEAM (= the Erlang VM): what's
problematic is the potentially bundled ERTS (Erlang Runtime System) and
NIFs (Native Implemented Functions, e.g. bindings to C code).

You might want to take a look at [1]. Feel free to contact me off-list
if you have questions.

[1] https://hexdocs.pm/mix/master/Mix.Tasks.Release.html#module-requirements

Timothée
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)