Meta thinks my ssh pubkey already exists in the db

<YIgMbZa5H+RsQbC7@blue032>
All,

I was about to push from a new system to git.sr.ht and tried to add my
ssh public key to meta. It was rejected with a message that it already
exists in https://meta.sr.ht/~mehdix.keys, except that it doesn't.

I checked the code below to see what happens upon adding:
https://git.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/meta.sr.ht/tree/master/item/metasrht/types/sshkey.py#L35

I tried the snippet with the keys and the definitely have different fingerprints.
So it looks fine. If I'm not mistaken, a cache somewhere has kept my ssh-key
around. I vaguely remember that I might have added and removed the same
key in the past. Below is the public key I tried to add:

ssh-rsa
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
ms@blue

I have to go back to work, and I'd appreciate if someone confirms or
rejects the story above.

Cheers,
Mehdi
<CAYJ5J841AIP.13L5D0C0D7WO@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<YIgMbZa5H+RsQbC7@blue032> (view parent)
Do you have multiple sr.ht accounts? SSH keys need to be *globally*
unique.
<YIgQ+Rf80V7NX8l7@blue032>
In-Reply-To
<CAYJ5J841AIP.13L5D0C0D7WO@taiga> (view parent)
On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 09:11:43AM -0400, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Do you have multiple sr.ht accounts? SSH keys need to be *globally*
> unique.

Yes, that was it. I have a second account which I plan to delete when the
functionality is there. Meanwhile I use it for testing.

Thanks.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)