Interface on creating todo tickets lacks state information

<YuLJ/kDz8oUyC+Xs@mail.shearer.org>
Would it be useful to have "add label" and "assign to" on the ticket creation
screen? At present changing these properties required editing the ticket once
created. I do also appreciate the current simplicity, and perhaps that is the
intention.

Most ticketing systems I have used seem to evolve towards exposing lots of
state on the creation screen and I find it useful (anyone who has used RT's
jumbo ticket screen will be familiar with an extreme example.)

Best,

--
Dan Shearer
dan@shearer.org
On Thu Jul 28, 2022 at 7:40 PM CEST, Dan Shearer wrote:
> anyone who has used RT's jumbo ticket screen will be familiar with an
> extreme example.
I am not, could you share an example? This sounds interesting.

--
Moritz Poldrack
https://moritz.sh
On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 07:53:32PM +0200, Moritz Poldrack wrote:
> On Thu Jul 28, 2022 at 7:40 PM CEST, Dan Shearer wrote:
> > anyone who has used RT's jumbo ticket screen will be familiar with an
> > extreme example.
> I am not, could you share an example? This sounds interesting.

Standard ticket create: https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/File:Ticket-Create.png

Jumbo screen is where every field is editable, but I can't find a screenshot on the internet atm sorry. Perhaps in the BestPractical wiki in a place I didn't notice.

Dan
<CLS1EQ7ND0XN.2FM0B9L2V2J0V@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<YuLJ/kDz8oUyC+Xs@mail.shearer.org> (view parent)