arm64 support in other distros

<d82bcdd0-966b-5c96-4987-9e2e53a12ad6@lunacd.com>
Hi Drew and others,

I see that Debian Sid has experimental arm64 support. What do you feel
about expanding this support to other images (specifically Ubuntu,
Fedora, and Rocky Linux that I maintain)?

I also see that it's manually updated for now and I imagine this will be
a more involved process maintaining more distros manually. Should I also
setup automatic image refresh for those? Would adding appropriate tasks
to crontab be sufficient?

Haowen
<CKV8MZ06QSA2.2BL65YL3NM42I@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<d82bcdd0-966b-5c96-4987-9e2e53a12ad6@lunacd.com> (view parent)
multi-arch is still not complete and even the debian image is not
recommended for use
<e312e4d7-bf27-f147-44e1-1240d795003f@lunacd.com>
In-Reply-To
<CKV8MZ06QSA2.2BL65YL3NM42I@taiga> (view parent)
On 6/20/22 13:19, Drew DeVault wrote:
> multi-arch is still not complete and even the debian image is not
> recommended for use

Should I work on it then? Is there a tracker for its current issues and
todos?
<CKV8OZ14TX0C.286WW4WTML0DA@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<e312e4d7-bf27-f147-44e1-1240d795003f@lunacd.com> (view parent)
On Mon Jun 20, 2022 at 10:20 PM CEST, Haowen Liu wrote:
> Should I work on it then? Is there a tracker for its current issues and
> todos?

Nah, I'd wait for now. Would be good to tackle it following the (oft
postponed) builds overhaul.
<fdcefdef-3e31-f9c1-8a2e-9cf1d571ab04@lunacd.com>
In-Reply-To
<CKV8OZ14TX0C.286WW4WTML0DA@taiga> (view parent)
On 6/20/22 13:21, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Nah, I'd wait for now. Would be good to tackle it following the (oft
> postponed) builds overhaul.

Makes sense. Does anything related to the overhaul need help? I just got
a lot of extra time and want to involve further in meaningful ways.
<CKV8S8HXUCEG.18ZNY6NFUYZH4@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<fdcefdef-3e31-f9c1-8a2e-9cf1d571ab04@lunacd.com> (view parent)
On Mon Jun 20, 2022 at 10:24 PM CEST, Haowen Liu wrote:
> Makes sense. Does anything related to the overhaul need help? I just got
> a lot of extra time and want to involve further in meaningful ways.

Not really, sorry. Can't prioritize it right now.
<154705b1-d000-a9de-63bb-c8c7e6aa0bf3@lunacd.com>
In-Reply-To
<CKV8S8HXUCEG.18ZNY6NFUYZH4@taiga> (view parent)
On 6/20/22 13:25, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Not really, sorry. Can't prioritize it right now.

Alright. I'll work on other things.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)