Undocumented services outage

Raphael McSinyx
<f7497a88-7118-1467-e4f4-06634f5f2372@disr.it>
Over the last short period of time, all *.sr.ht and sourcehut.org
were not reachable.  However, https://status.sr.ht/ isn't seem
to be aware of the situation.

While they are back now, dispatch jobs could not be submitted
and at least on GitHub closing and reopening pull request
does not bring it back [0].  IIRC one may file a new PR
to work around it but I wonder if there is any better way.

In addition, since drewdevault.com was down as well and traceroute
led me through several networking services, I suppose it was because
of the surrounding infrastructure, however I'd love to hear
the official explanation.

Best regards,
McSinyx
<7z5IJNqPP9X5XeTT5to6__QNcS0MEjZob_eG-kXYrd_e2cDPrvMj9lDb1EsI8R383vm1Y6EgJqDaHUmPyeaePM6FemQqqAxgj8UDszD7MFk=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<f7497a88-7118-1467-e4f4-06634f5f2372@disr.it> (view parent)
On Friday, January 8th, 2021 at 10:57 AM, Raphael McSinyx <mcsinyx@disr.it> wrote:

> Over the last short period of time, all *.sr.ht and sourcehut.org
> were not reachable. However, https://status.sr.ht/ isn't seem
> to be aware of the situation.

Indeed. We were offline for approximately 30 minutes.

> While they are back now, dispatch jobs could not be submitted
> and at least on GitHub closing and reopening pull request
> does not bring it back [0]. IIRC one may file a new PR
> to work around it but I wonder if there is any better way.

You can restart builds by doing `git commit --amend`, changing nothing,
then force-pushing. This should generate a new commit hash and convince
GitHub to trigger a new build job.

> In addition, since drewdevault.com was down as well and traceroute
> led me through several networking services, I suppose it was because
> of the surrounding infrastructure, however I'd love to hear
> the official explanation.

Yes, we will provide more details in a few hours.
Nguyễn Gia Phong
<7278201e-f8bf-e525-a12c-440aaa793bc8@st.usth.edu.vn>
In-Reply-To
<f7497a88-7118-1467-e4f4-06634f5f2372@disr.it> (view parent)
[0]: https://github.com/python-trio/trio/pull/1857

Regarding the affected pull request above that I forgot to link (-;
Quentin Pradet suggested that it would be better if dispatch listens
to PR reopen events as well, since it is also a common work-around
on GitHub/GitLab to counter flaky tests.
<C8DP4FGVMW0Q.EOHKR4ACHEC5@debian>
In-Reply-To
<7z5IJNqPP9X5XeTT5to6__QNcS0MEjZob_eG-kXYrd_e2cDPrvMj9lDb1EsI8R383vm1Y6EgJqDaHUmPyeaePM6FemQqqAxgj8UDszD7MFk=@emersion.fr> (view parent)
Thank you for the prompt response, Simon.
<728a4953-0f77-4312-802f-60808188102e@www.fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<C8DP4FGVMW0Q.EOHKR4ACHEC5@debian> (view parent)
You may also create an empty commit and push that, rather than ammending:

    git commit --allow-empty -m "Trigger build"

<C8DSQHCYJLEZ.2DNS68IZOS2Z6@taiga>
In-Reply-To
<7z5IJNqPP9X5XeTT5to6__QNcS0MEjZob_eG-kXYrd_e2cDPrvMj9lDb1EsI8R383vm1Y6EgJqDaHUmPyeaePM6FemQqqAxgj8UDszD7MFk=@emersion.fr> (view parent)
https://status.sr.ht/issues/2021-01-08-network-outage/