Sourcehut blog condeming Trump and supporters

<faFmBHWTBbMkA8x8iTLj4srJ4wlAXXKoOQKOAk5ZXI@cp3-web-024.plabs.ch>
https://sourcehut.org/blog/2021-01-13-regarding-ethics/

After reading the blogpost I have a couple and important questions.
Should one assume that if they are a Trump supporter or voted for him
either times that they will be kicked off the SourceHut platform and
lose access to repos and their payments to SourceHut would be suspended?

Thanks,
Jordan
Paulo Nuin
<BAD73517-53E4-4AB7-950D-21BDCA9DAF0D@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<faFmBHWTBbMkA8x8iTLj4srJ4wlAXXKoOQKOAk5ZXI@cp3-web-024.plabs.ch> (view parent)
It seems like it, scary. Maybe they should add a political/social test to open an account.

Paulo

Sent from my iPhone

<C8IG08TB8164.228CD4T7G92IT@taiga>
On Wed Jan 13, 2021 at 6:46 PM EST, Jordan wrote:
> After reading the blogpost I have a couple and important questions.
> Should one assume that if they are a Trump supporter or voted for him
> either times that they will be kicked off the SourceHut platform and
> lose access to repos and their payments to SourceHut would be suspended?

I'm not going to ask anyone how they voted. But open support for
fascism, or other behaviors indicative of his platform (racism,
insurrection, etc), have always been against the terms of service, and
will get you booted off the platform.

There are not going to be political purges of SourceHut users, but we
will not tolerate bigotry, and should we discover that any of our users
are affiliated with organizations who do not uphold our values, we will
ask them to leave.

Note with all terms of use violations, our policy is not to vanish
anyone's account overnight. We will reach out, discuss the issue, and if
a resolution cannot be found, we will secure an archive of your data for
you and you're free to take it to any other host.

I'm going to shut down the discussion list for now, because I do not
expect this to be productive. If you agree with the virtues we
proclaimed today, then please spread the word to others. If you
disagree, kindly show yourself the door.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)