~skeeto/public-inbox

1

(neo)mutt integration with org-mode

Saša Janiška
<20201101145532.1a4298f6@atmarama.ddns.net>
Hello Chris,

I 've stumbled on few of your blog post which are very inspiring!

Let me say that I like Vim's modal editing, but would also like to use org-mode.

However, I'm not sure whether using Emacs+evil mode or distros like
Spacemacs/Doom is the right direction to go.

Moreover, org-mode might be great for writing notes, but as far as task
management is concerned I preferred apps like taskwarrior.

So, considering you're a long time Emacs user (when using Emacs I'm also using
Elfeed), I wonder if you did use org-mode and whether it is possible to
integrate it with (neo)mutt nicely?

My main usage of editor is writing content (articles, posts,
slide-presentations, longer study notes, working on books etc.) where I'd use
either markdown (org-mode) and ConTeXt. Besides that, I'd just write some
PHP/HTML/CSS for a CMS I am using.

So, moving toward vim/mutt/mu would be simplification of my workflow in
comparison with the Emacs based ones...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on
sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.

> So, moving toward vim/mutt/mu would be simplification of my workflow
> in comparison with the Emacs based ones...

Per my article about Mutt, I'm happier without Emacs playing a central
role in my email workflow. It's been over three years, and I still feel
that way. Better to compose independent tools than to duct-tape tools
together in Emacs. With Mutt I could easily swap Vim out for Emacs+Evil
or any other editor. But when I was using Notmuch, each component was
interdependent; it even mattered which specific version of Notmuch was
running inside (notmuch.el) vs. outside of Emacs (notmuch binary).
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)