~skeeto/public-inbox

1

Re: You might not need machine learning

Johannes
<3b882dc7-6fbb-c15d-4309-6f9cf30c3209@schauderbasis.de>
Hey, I really liked your article. It inspired me to reimplement your
programm in rust (which I am currently learning) and I wrote a small
article on my blog about it. You can find it here if you want:

https://schauderbasis.de/posts/fun_errors/

I get that the linked code is just to quickly throw a demo together, but
I would still ask you to try to make an effort for more readable code
next time - it was a pretty tough read.

I am currently trying to figure out why my cars crash more often then
yours :)

Thanks a lot,
Kaligule

Re: You might not need machine learning

<20201211020658.myo7gxbc6zramo4c@nullprogram.com>
In-Reply-To
<3b882dc7-6fbb-c15d-4309-6f9cf30c3209@schauderbasis.de> (view parent)
Thanks for sharing, Kaligule! I like that you included your own
animations — very illustrative of the usefulness in debugging. I've
added a link to your article from my article. Once it's ready, I'm
interested in seeing a link to your Rust source in your article.

You're right about my code. I do normally make a final pass to clean up
for ease of reading / understanding. I was mostly interested in testing
my idea, so I did some janky things that should have been done better,
like the way I simultaneously overdraw and underfill my car rectangles.
Since I didn't tidy up this time, I hid the source code link at the
bottom of my article, and instead focused on the concepts rather than my
particular implementation of them.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)