~skeeto/public-inbox

1

Re: Go's Tooling is an Undervalued Technology

<87a76f4fro.fsf@bernat.ch>
 ❦ 22 janvier 2020 11:11 -05, Christopher Wellons <wellons@nullprogram.com>:

> In my article I was specifically highlighting the case where you
> *don't* check them into source control, just distribute them in your a
> release tarball, so it has none of the downsides except making the
> "standalone" release tarball bigger. Future archivists would probably
> love to find these kinds of releases.

I have missed this point. This seems a very good compromise. But
tarballs are becoming extinct.

BTW, I love the idea of using a public-inbox for comments. If I was
still using Disqus, I would have adopted this system as well! This is
much more convenient than any web-based comment system. I hope you'll do
a blog post in a few months to tell us if you got more or less comments
with this system.

Re: Go's Tooling is an Undervalued Technology

<20200122174209.d3rhhzcsfvjcwjby@nullprogram.com>
In-Reply-To
<87a76f4fro.fsf@bernat.ch> (view parent)
> BTW, I love the idea of using a public-inbox for comments.

Glad to hear it! I liked what I saw with Drew DeVault's public inbox and
wanted one for myself. All these years I had essentially been treating
Disqus as a mailing list, replying to all comments by email, but I was
constantly frustrated that I couldn't do quoting, and at how it would
mangle my responses if they were anything more complex than prose.