~skeeto/public-inbox

1

Re: Assertions

<CA+-qeEi8MVVL8-FEm0dQen2f9+J7U6hS5204dPAfx+GTZq4_6g@mail.gmail.com>
Hi and thanks for the post!

I've used vim+cgdb for a while and wanted to share a bit of my config
in the hopes you'll find it useful. First some simple stuff:
.cgdb/cgdbrc :

> :set autosourcereload
> :set winsplit=top_big

And this one is a bit of an ergonomic gamechanger for me:
https://github.com/sc0ty/gdb-vimview
It allows gdb/cgdb to direct vim to a particular file and line. I find
it convenient when I want to change code around an assertion (which I
do often, because I use assertions as breakpoints that can be set from
vim).

I integrate this through a cgdb alias:

> alias ngdb="cgdb \$1 -- -ex 'handle SIGUSR1 noprint nostop' -ex 'source path/to/gdb_vimview.py'"

The SIGUSR1 bit is to be able to do hot reloading of shared objects
without gdb complaining.

Cheers!

Re: Assertions

<20220702183346.n35ny4ydglatwlqd@nullprogram.com>