~skeeto/public-inbox

2 2

List of talks

Gabriel Berthiaume
<CAEC-8Nn=BcW++BwVoXGquU88t9PJ3Lihr=VH74tBv2USpsnN9A@mail.gmail.com>

In your great post "Why Aren't There C Conferences" [1], you began a
list of useful talks. Any plans on updating this list? I really liked
the idea.

[1] https://nullprogram.com/blog/2018/11/21/

Regards,
~Gabriel
<20200613175556.lgytqghmjgqkcivq@nullprogram.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAEC-8Nn=BcW++BwVoXGquU88t9PJ3Lihr=VH74tBv2USpsnN9A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi, Gabriel, I'm glad you asked! A couple of other people have also also
asked for an updated list, so I knew there's some interest. I did follow
CppCon 2019, but unfortunately I didn't carefully keep track of which
talks I thought we worthy of recommendation, in part because there
weren't that many this time. However, checking my notes, I had
enthusiastically shared these talks with others at the time:

CppCon 2019: JF Bastien “Deprecating volatile”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJW_DLaVXIY

J. Bialek, S. Block “Killing Uninitialized Memory: Protecting the OS Without Destroying Performance”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQWjF8NvqAU

CppCon 2019: Matt Godbolt “Path Tracing Three Ways: A Study of C++ Style”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG6c4Kwbv4I

So these three talks are probably the extent of my list of recommended
talks for CppCon 2019. I'll update my article with these.
Gabriel Berthiaume
<CAEC-8NmsAMVuXSPiTZ542e5vB9r+sYpo1W+9w+=hjhWPzd36gQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20200613175556.lgytqghmjgqkcivq@nullprogram.com> (view parent)
Hi Christopher,

I'm looking forward to your article update.
Thanks for your great blog; it's a pleasure to learn from you.

Regards,
Gabriel

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 1:55 PM Christopher Wellons
<wellons@nullprogram.com> wrote:

> Hi, Gabriel, I'm glad you asked! A couple of other people have also also
> asked for an updated list, so I knew there's some interest. I did follow
> CppCon 2019, but unfortunately I didn't carefully keep track of which
> talks I thought we worthy of recommendation, in part because there
> weren't that many this time. However, checking my notes, I had
> enthusiastically shared these talks with others at the time:
>
> CppCon 2019: JF Bastien “Deprecating volatile”
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJW_DLaVXIY
>
> J. Bialek, S. Block “Killing Uninitialized Memory: Protecting the OS Without Destroying Performance”
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQWjF8NvqAU
>
> CppCon 2019: Matt Godbolt “Path Tracing Three Ways: A Study of C++ Style”
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG6c4Kwbv4I
>
> So these three talks are probably the extent of my list of recommended
> talks for CppCon 2019. I'll update my article with these.
Export thread (mbox)