~skeeto/public-inbox

1

Nice concurrency article

Justine Tunney <jtunney@gmail.com>
<CANtdasTd0e=ni12OSMMf_tf+_AuBUwK6fPGsdMf+_bVydLkX9Q@mail.gmail.com>
Chris, I was delighted and deeply impressed when I saw these today:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=31384602
https://nullprogram.com/

I added a bunch of your code to a project I'm working on, called
Cosmopolitan Libc which I think is something you would like:

https://github.com/jart/cosmopolitan/commit/91ee2b19d44c8b874ac332e593b5e63dcb583f99

It's only been in the last few days that threading support was
introduced so it's been great to have an opportunity to learn from
your content.

Here's an invitation to our Discord chatroom where we work on it. You
would be most welcome. Please stop by and say hello.
https://discord.gg/YyUhWK7y
<20220515223544.ss3fipay4upny5ep@nullprogram.com>
In-Reply-To
<CANtdasTd0e=ni12OSMMf_tf+_AuBUwK6fPGsdMf+_bVydLkX9Q@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Thanks, Justine! I've already been an admirer of your work with APE,
Cosmopolitan, SectorLISP, and redbean. While I haven't built anything on
them — yet? they're a bit outside my usual target niche — I've learned
from your work and these projects, and I align with the philosophy.

> I added a bunch of your code to a project I'm working on

Great, and thanks for sharing this! That's exactly the sort of outcome I
like to see: literally copy-paste the useful stuff, adapt it to the local
context (style, interfaces), and take ownership. I'm also happy to hear
about Cosmopolitan getting threading.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)