~sumner/csci564-s21

[CSCI 564] 03/10 Lecture follow-up

Jonathan Sumner Evans <jonathanevans@mines.edu>
<YEuORSy2HEvZM0q2@mustafar>
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all ready for the incoming snow storm!

I just want to clarify (in case you didn't see on Piazza) that Worksheet
09 is *NOT* due today (we didn't finish it in class).

Also, reminder that today I will be holding office hours from
16:00-17:00.

Over the weekend, I will fix some of the typos in the Lecture 09 slides.

If you want to do some extra reading this weekend about branch
prediction, I recommend this StackOverflow article which talks about a
real-world application where code that takes advantage of branch
prediction causes a massive performance increase:
https://stackoverflow.com/q/11227809/2319844

Have a warm weekend!

Sumner

--
Jonathan Sumner Evans           Instructor: CSCI 564
https://sumnerevans.com         CS@Mines Alumnus

Jesus' economy doesn't use money, it uses blood.
    -- Adam Hebener
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)