~technomancy/fennel

1

Minetest

<165177696.1958597.1618583528888@mail.yahoo.com>
    I came here looking for a way to create minetest mods using lisp; I'm not sure how to access all the minetest functions from within fennel.
Was it just a nice hypothetical idea, or has someone actually succeeded in doing this (using fennel to write minetest mods).
If so, please could you tell me how?

Regards,
Joe
<87im4mcko2.fsf@whirlwind>
In-Reply-To
<165177696.1958597.1618583528888@mail.yahoo.com> (view parent)
vapnik spaknik <vapniks@yahoo.com> writes:

> I came here looking for a way to create minetest mods using lisp; I'm
> not sure how to access all the minetest functions from within fennel.
> I notice there is a link to the minetest website on
> https://fennel-lang.org, but I can't find any other information about
> minetest on that website, or the wiki, or the mailing list archives.
> Was it just a nice hypothetical idea, or has someone actually
> succeeded in doing this (using fennel to write minetest mods).

I've written a proof of concept minetest mod but nothing significant yet.
It was a while ago now tho, and I can't find the source. But it worked fine.

The Minetest API is just like any other Lua API. You can call its
functions directly from Fennel the same as you would from Lua. There is
no separate Fennel-specific documentation needed.

The easiest way to set it up would be to compile Fennel to Lua files
with a makefile before launching Minetest. But it's also possible to
embed the Fennel compiler itself into the mod.

  https://fennel-lang.org/setup#embedding-the-fennel-compiler-in-a-lua-application

If you run into trouble, feel free to share on here and we can help walk
you thru the steps to get it working.

-Phil
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)