~technomancy/fennel

2 2

range function?

<25328057-1fca-46a7-a401-7c7f79011a8f@www.fastmail.com>
Does Fennel have a `range` function? I don't see one, nor do I see one in lume. Though, maybe it doesn't need one, since it has numeric `for` loops?
<87v9hp6k2q.fsf@hagelb.org>
In-Reply-To
<25328057-1fca-46a7-a401-7c7f79011a8f@www.fastmail.com> (view parent)
John Gabriele <jgabriele@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Does Fennel have a `range` function? I don't see one, nor do I see one
> in lume. Though, maybe it doesn't need one, since it has numeric `for`
> loops?

Fun fact: Fennel doesn't really have *any* functions, other than the
compiler API. It's all macros and special forms (which might as well be
macros.) I think in this case Luafun will be your best bet:

    https://luafun.github.io/generators.html

-Phil
<a0fd67a7-ae0b-4432-85fd-3f584cb20343@www.fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<87v9hp6k2q.fsf@hagelb.org> (view parent)
On Tue, Aug 11, 2020, at 3:47 PM, Phil Hagelberg wrote:
> John Gabriele <jgabriele@fastmail.fm> writes:
>
> > Does Fennel have a `range` function? I don't see one, nor do I see one
> > in lume. Though, maybe it doesn't need one, since it has numeric `for`
> > loops?
>
> Fun fact: Fennel doesn't really have *any* functions, other than the
> compiler API. It's all macros and special forms (which might as well be
> macros.) I think in this case Luafun will be your best bet:
>
>     https://luafun.github.io/generators.html

Thanks. Will have a look at luafun. Looks like it's intended for use
with LuaJIT, and hasn't seen any commits for a while. Repo is at
<https://github.com/luafun/luafun>.
Export thread (mbox)