Greetings Fennel folk.
I have just cut a release for Fennel 0.5.0.
The user-visible changes for this release are quite minor:
* Fix a bug where lambdas with no body would return true instead of nil.
* Fix a bug where global mangling would break when used with an environment.
* Fix a bug where globals tracking would lose track of allowed list.
* Fix a bug where top-level expressions in `include` would get skipped.
However, the really big news about this change is that now Fennel is
self-hosted, which is to say that the entire compiler is written *in Fennel*:
Other than the bugs above that we found during the self-hosting process,
there should be no noticeable changes between this and Fennel 0.4.2, but
we decided to bump the version more to indicate that internally it was
a very substantial change. We have tested it pretty thoroughly,
including comparing the compiler output across every publicly listed
love2d game written in Fennel from the wiki, and found that in most
cases the compiler output was byte-for-byte identical.
If you're interested in how we did this, you can read more about it
Thanks to everyone who contributed.
 - https://github.com/bakpakin/Fennel/wiki/Codebases#l%C3%96ve-games
 - The only difference in compiler output was that auto-generated
local names were sometimes numbered in a slightly different order,
which would not affect behavior: https://p.hagelb.org/fallen-diff.html