~technomancy/fennel

2 2

[ANN] Fennel 0.3.2 released

<87wo9tqys1.fsf@hagelb.org>
Hello everybody.

I'm happy to announce the release of Fennel 0.3.2.

This is a bugfix release to take care of a few things we found before we
start work on bigger changes in 0.4.0.

* Fix a bug where `include` could not be nested without repetition (#214)
* Fix a bug where globals checking would mistakenly flag locals (#213)
* Fix a bug that would cause incorrect filenames in error messages (#208)
* Fix a bug causing `else` to emit twice in some contexts (#212)
* Dissallow naming a local the same as global in some contexts

Since I somehow forgot to announce 0.3.1 on the mailing list, here's a
list of the changes we had for that:

* Look for init file for repl in XDG config dirs as well as ~/.fennelrc (#193)
* Add support for `--load FILE` argument to command-line launcher (#193)
* Fix `each` to work with raw iterator values (#201)
* Optionally check for unused locals with `--check-unused-locals`
* Make repl completion descend into nested table fields (#192)
* Fix repl completer to correctly handle symbol mangling (#195)

As we look forward to starting the 0.4.0 work, I'd like to point folks
to a new roadmap I've posted on the wiki:

  https://github.com/bakpakin/Fennel/wiki/Roadmap

The main thing for the next release is to work on a macroexpander which
will greatly clean up the implementation of the macro system and make it
a lot easier to debug macros as you write them. We are also discussing a
more lexical way to bring in macros from another module; the current
`require-macros' call just dumps everything in the current scope, which
is rather messy.

If you have any input or would want to help out with either of those
efforts, feel free to reply or make some edits to the wiki.

thanks,
Phil
Ag Ibragimov
<m14kwwo8y3.fsf@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<87wo9tqys1.fsf@hagelb.org> (view parent)
Awesome! Can't wait for it to be updated on luarocks.

On Tue 14 Jan 2020 at 17:44, Phil Hagelberg <phil@hagelb.org> wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm happy to announce the release of Fennel 0.3.2.
>
> This is a bugfix release to take care of a few things we found before we
> start work on bigger changes in 0.4.0.
>
> * Fix a bug where `include` could not be nested without repetition (#214)
> * Fix a bug where globals checking would mistakenly flag locals (#213)
> * Fix a bug that would cause incorrect filenames in error messages (#208)
> * Fix a bug causing `else` to emit twice in some contexts (#212)
> * Dissallow naming a local the same as global in some contexts
>
> Since I somehow forgot to announce 0.3.1 on the mailing list, here's a
> list of the changes we had for that:
>
> * Look for init file for repl in XDG config dirs as well as ~/.fennelrc (#193)
> * Add support for `--load FILE` argument to command-line launcher (#193)
> * Fix `each` to work with raw iterator values (#201)
> * Optionally check for unused locals with `--check-unused-locals`
> * Make repl completion descend into nested table fields (#192)
> * Fix repl completer to correctly handle symbol mangling (#195)
>
> As we look forward to starting the 0.4.0 work, I'd like to point folks
> to a new roadmap I've posted on the wiki:
>
>   https://github.com/bakpakin/Fennel/wiki/Roadmap
>
> The main thing for the next release is to work on a macroexpander which
> will greatly clean up the implementation of the macro system and make it
> a lot easier to debug macros as you write them. We are also discussing a
> more lexical way to bring in macros from another module; the current
> `require-macros' call just dumps everything in the current scope, which
> is rather messy.
>
> If you have any input or would want to help out with either of those
> efforts, feel free to reply or make some edits to the wiki.
>
> thanks,
> Phil
<87tv4wqxnw.fsf@hagelb.org>
In-Reply-To
<m14kwwo8y3.fsf@gmail.com> (view parent)
Ag Ibragimov <agzam.ibragimov@gmail.com> writes:

> Awesome! Can't wait for it to be updated on luarocks.

Oops; thanks for the reminder. Just pushed it out to luarocks too.

-Phil