~u9000/hoursctl-announce

Last active a month ago

~u9000/lipu-sin

Last active 10 months ago

~u9000/public-inbox

Last active 1 year, 8 months ago
View more

Recent activity

[DJ Chase's Blog] Matrix To MMS-Over-Email Bridge: Step 1 — MMS Over Email 22 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~u9000/blog

Hi everyone,

I just wrote a new post titled  “Matrix To MMS-Over-Email Bridge:
Step 1 — MMS Over Email”; here are the links:

  https://dj-chase.com/documents/matrix-mms-email/1_mms-over-email.gmi

  gemini://dj-chase.com/documents/matrix-mms-email/1_mms-over-email.gmi

  https://farkascity.org/u9000/1_matrix-mms-email

DJ Chase

[DJ Chase's Blog] Matrix To MMS-Over-Email Bridge 26 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~u9000/blog

Hi everyone,

I just wrote post titled “Matrix To MMS-Over-Email Bridge” about a
really fun project I’m starting. Here are the links:

	https://dj-chase.com/documents/matrix-mms-email/intro.gmi

	gemini://dj-chase.com/documents/matrix-mms-email/intro.gmi

	https://farkascity.org/u9000/matrix-mms-email-intro

DJ Chase

Re: Silently discard mails sent to builds@sr.ht 29 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Sun Oct 30, 2022 at 8:17 AM EDT, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Are you sure that this goes in transport? As far as I can tell this is
> not appropriate for this file.

You could also set up a user who’s mbox/maildir links to /dev/null

DJ Chase
They, Them, Theirs
{gemini,https,ipns}://dj-chase.com

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Sat Oct 22, 2022 at 3:47 PM EDT,  wrote:
> Imho, you shouldn’t use indentation for structure of natural-language
> text anyway.  Indeed, you can’t do that very well using f=f.  (You
> could indent text by a single blank.)  I’m not gonna suggest quoting
> for that, either.

I generally agree with you, but I find that in the specific case of
presenting heading in plain-text, indentation does a better job because
markup isn’t always obvious.

DJ Chase
They, Them, Theirs

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Sat Oct 22, 2022 at 9:11 AM EDT,  wrote:
> Quoth sourcehut@ploum.eu:
> >Any recommendations at which size to "fold" a text email to look good
> >on mobile?
>
> Use format=flowed.  Fold at a usual width of ~72 characters.  Good
> clients will reflow.

That also means, though, that you can’t use indentation for structure,
and that preformatted text will also be wrapped.

DJ Chase

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Sat Oct 22, 2022 at 8:24 AM EDT, <sourcehut@ploum.eu> wrote:
> Any recommendations at which size to "fold" a text email to look good on
> mobile?

I don’t think wrapping emails with mobile in mind is a good idea for
multiple reasons:

  •  Mobile clients are less likely to present plain-text emails in a
     fixed-width font than desktop clients — IIRC even Gmail’s web
     interface doesn’t do this by default

  •  Lines which are short enough to look good on mobile will certainly
     be too short for desktop; 66 characters is the accepted ideal line-
     length in typography

Re: Sourcehut lists as a blogging mailing-list? a month ago

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Fri Oct 21, 2022 at 9:46 AM EDT,  wrote:
> As I’m planning to move my Mailpoet mailing-list to Sourcehut, I’m
> wondering how sourcehut lists work with non-technical person.
>
> Do you have any experience/feedback with non-technical person having to
> subscribe with the "strange-looking" email adress? Any reported issue or
> misunderstanding? As people reading me are mostly non-English speaking,
> I’m wondering if using lists.sr.ht may force them to be confronted with
> English instructions.
>
> I’m also concerned about how emails are displayed in Gmail/smartphones.
>
> I’ve read on postmarketOS bug tracker that html emails were planned to
> be supported on lists.sr.ht and maybe delivering a blog post by mail is

Re: Filters in the message list? a month ago

From DJ Chase to ~rjarry/aerc-discuss

On Fri Oct 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM EDT, Bence Ferdinandy wrote:
> You'd basically want to be able to specify a regex and what kind of
> formatting to apply to matches in the message list view?

Yes, exactly.

DJ Chase
They, Them, Theirs
{gemini,https,ipns}://dj-chase.com

Re: Filters in the message list? a month ago

From DJ Chase to ~rjarry/aerc-discuss

On Fri Oct 14, 2022 at 9:55 AM EDT, kt programs wrote:
> On Fri Oct 14, 2022 at 8:17 PM +08, DJ Chase wrote:
> > On Fri Oct 14, 2022 at 2:03 AM EDT, Moritz Poldrack wrote:
> > > I mean, you can always manually add the escape sequence to ui.dirlist-format. Not sure if it supports hex characters, so you may have to C&P a non-printable character into your config.
> >
> > That would bold the entire message title though, whereas I just want to
> > bold the tags.
>
> You could use code 0 (Reset/normal) of the SGR escpe codes[0] after the
> part you want to be bold.
>
> [0]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code#SGR

Ah, I see the confusion. I’m talking about bolding a specific part of

Re: Filters in the message list? a month ago

From DJ Chase to ~rjarry/aerc-discuss