~u9000/blog

Last active 24 days ago

~u9000/lipu-sin

Last active 5 months ago

~u9000/public-inbox

Last active 1 year, 3 months ago
View more

Recent activity

Re: Signing outgoing emails with S/MIME 12 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~rjarry/aerc-discuss

On Wed Jun 22, 2022 at 12:59 AM EDT, Moritz Poldrack wrote:
> Funny that you ask, I recently raised that issue on IRC. I would also
> work on it, but have you got an idea on how to best store the keys?

Maybe gpgsm or xdg-secrets-tool?

DJ Chase
They, Them, Theirs

Re: Limits in git? 12 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Wed Jun 22, 2022 at 10:25 AM EDT, Xavier B. wrote:
> Thanks, Nguyễn, for the offer but it's not necessary.
>
> Previously I have my repos in my VPS (git.somenxavier.xyz) hosted in linode but because I mainly have use VPS for hosting git repos, I thought I need something cheaper ($5 x 12 months plus VAT = $72.6 year in linode VS $20 in sr.ht). And no one except me use them.

If no-one except you uses them, you could just host it on an old laptop
plugged into your router. It would definitely be able to handle the
almost nonexistent load. I’m currently doing that for my website and
gemini capsule (as it’s just a non-bare git repo with potentially-large
files) and it works perfectly. (You could also just not have a remote if
you don’t care about people being /able/ to use them.)

> I tried repo.or.cz until few weeks ago but the server is down many times.
> An alternative is codeberg.

Re: Not include myself in reply-all from Sent folder? 12 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~rjarry/aerc-discuss

On Wed Jun 22, 2022 at 10:24 AM EDT, Nguyễn Gia Phong wrote:
> On Wed Jun 22, 2022 at 2:17 PM +0000, DJ Chase wrote:
> > Set reply-to-self to false in the [compose] section of aerc.conf.
>
> Thanks!  I'm embarrassed to admit I did not RTFM (-;

Happy to help.

DJ Chase
They, Them, Theirs

Re: Not include myself in reply-all from Sent folder? 12 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~rjarry/aerc-discuss

On Wed Jun 22, 2022 at 4:45 AM EDT, Kenneth Flak wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to keep my own address out of the To: field when
> doing a reply-all from the Sent folder, using the IMAP backend?

Set reply-to-self to false in the [compose] section of aerc.conf.

DJ Chase
They, Them, Theirs

Re: Signing outgoing emails with S/MIME 12 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~rjarry/aerc-discuss

On Wed Jun 22, 2022 at 6:40 AM EDT, Moritz Poldrack wrote:
> On Wed Jun 22, 2022 at 4:35 AM CEST, DJ Chase wrote:
> > 	signature-cmd
> > 		This seems the most promising, but also the most likely
> > 		to send the wrong thing. Possible commands I can think
> > 		of include gpgsm(1) and openssl smime(1ossl), but I’m
> > 		open to using whatever in order to make it work.
> >
> > 	signature-file
> > 		This only seems likely to work if aerc actually supports
> > 		S/MIME, which I doubt because it’s not documented or
> > 		mentioned anywhere.
>
> Both of these are for signatures as in the part below --; not

Signing outgoing emails with S/MIME 13 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~rjarry/aerc-discuss

Hi all,

Is there a way to sign emails with S/MIME in aerc? I looked through the
man pages and found the following options that /might/ work, but don’t
specifically mention S/MIME signatures. I would just test them, but I
really don’t want to accidentally expose my private key if arec’s
expecting a different format — especially since my my certificate isn’t
self-signed:

	signature-cmd
		This seems the most promising, but also the most likely
		to send the wrong thing. Possible commands I can think
		of include gpgsm(1) and openssl smime(1ossl), but I’m
		open to using whatever in order to make it work.

Re: Per project git page? 17 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Fri Jun 17, 2022 at 4:12 AM EDT, Xavier B. wrote:
> I want to migrate all my projects to sourcehut :-)
> The only project left is this [https://codeberg.org/somenxavier/activitats-idees-d-activitats]. In codeberg, it generates me a project home page [https://somenxavier.codeberg.page/activitats-idees-d-activitats/@main/index.md.html] (see https://codeberg.page/). Is it possible in sourcehut? Can I create activitats-idees-d-activitats as a subdirectory? Something like this:
>
> environment:
>   site: my-username.srht.site/project-dir

Yes. I just found a sourcehut pages site with directories [1] to make
sure.

[1]: https://sr.ht/~strahinja/strahinja.srht.site/

[New post] Re: Subscripts And Superscripts In Gemtext 24 days ago

From DJ Chase to ~u9000/blog

Hi all,

I’ve a new article on my site — “Re: Subscripts And Superscripts In
Gemtext”. Here are its links:
https://dj-chase.com/documents/re-sub-sup-gemtext.gmi
gemini://dj-chase.com/documents/re-sub-sup-gemtext.gmi

Feel free to reply to this email.

DJ Chase
They, Them, Theirs

Re: My ssh key has stopped working with git.sr.ht 2 months ago

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Tue Apr 19, 2022 at 1:26 PM EDT, Javier Ayres wrote:
> Hi Eduardo.
>
> > It's complaining that the private key file doesn't exist
> >
> > How is your key inside ~/.ssh named?
>
> It's called id_rsa. The first lines of the output show that git is
> offering that key, but nothing happens. I can't tell by the ouput if
> the key is rejected, ignored, or what.
>
> >> [...]
> >> debug1: Trying private key: /home/lufte/.ssh/id_dsa
> >> debug3: no such identity: /home/lufte/.ssh/id_dsa: No such file or directory

Re: Markdown, readmes and project pages. 2 months ago

From DJ Chase to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Sat Apr 16, 2022 at 1:57 PM EDT, Moritz Poldrack wrote:
> On Sat Apr 16, 2022 at 7:40 PM CEST, DJ Chase wrote:
> > Show me the standard and I will happily oblige. (I would actually be
> > genuinely happy about this.)
>
> AFAICT this is adapted from GNU's "Release packing" standard where one
> would usually pack the entire project tree and the README would then
> serve the functions described here[0].
>
> [0]: https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#index-README-file

That document also specifies that Emacs is better than Vi. If we are
going by that standard, shouldn't we also support org-mode files? This
was requested in a somewhat-recent email IIRC. Also, the GNU Release