~yerinalexey/public-inbox

3 2

Can't translate to Chinese

<20210203020726.yt6uauic5uqrvk2u@mayo>
This is a great tool! I notice that it's not possible to translate to
chinese (either simplified or traditional). Since gtranslate works
just fine with languages whose code contains three letters (i.e.
cebuano, hawaiian), perhaps the program isn't handling the hyphen
inside the language code for chinese:
"zh-cn" for simplified chinese
"zh-tw" for traditional chinese

Thank you!

Joseph

--
Encrypt your emails! https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
My public key: https://breatheoutbreathe.in/public-key.gpg
> "zh-cn" for simplified chinese
> "zh-tw" for traditional chinese

It should be "zh-CN" (CN is capitalized). Traditional chinese is not
supported by Google translate, at least with /m version I'm using
here.

Thanks for pointing this out!
<20210203084017.tcib7q4q4z3mgxfa@mayo>
In-Reply-To
<20210203073356.ibpmko77l3t2skez@desktop.localdomain> (view parent)
>It should be "zh-CN" (CN is capitalized). Traditional chinese is not
>supported by Google translate, at least with /m version I'm using
>here.

Works like a charm, thanks :) (traditional doesn't work, but that's
fine for me)

>Thanks for pointing this out!

You're very welcome! Is there some way I could help clear up the
documentation?
<20210203094453.gkdrxzo56b67lywv@desktop.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<20210203084017.tcib7q4q4z3mgxfa@mayo> (view parent)
> > Thanks for pointing this out!
>
> You're very welcome! Is there some way I could help clear up the
> documentation?

No need right now. There's a patch for using drop down menu for
selecting the language which should resolve this issue.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)